Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking up a girl for 1st date: what music do you have on in the car?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine Inch Nails - "Closer"

Duh.
    -----------------

Originally Posted by Jimmy James: Zippers are like SAT tests. They're geared more for white people and don't reflect black culture, sensibility, complicated hand shakes and Good Times reruns.

Originally Posted by StringJunky: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with Maalox, Tums, and The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.

Comment

"Midnight Marauders" or "Low End Theory"
      Originally Posted by critter cam

Hey! I resemble that remark!

my Band....
      Buy my Album

Facebook Page

Comment

I can't believe i read all of that. I feel strange.

I can't believe you're not supposed to have a threesome with your wife & her sister. ****************.

Comment

"I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drums all day."

On repeat.

Full Volume.

Windows down.

Comment

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds, might be nice, but I usually play whatever the hell is on my MP3 player at the time.

If she doesn't like my music, that's a bad first sign. You shouldn't be so worried about trying to impress her as much as trying to find someone who likes the same stuff you do.

Unless you're just trying to get laid, then go with the Beach Boys.

Thread over.
            MOTGLHC

"We're the 1% that don't fit in and don't care."

Malcom McLaren 1977

Comment

I always make sure I have an audio version of the Bible playing. I play them this section from the book of Leviticus, just to set a few ground rules:

6: None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
              7: The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
              8: The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
              9: The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
              10: The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
              11: The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
              12: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
              13: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
              14: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
              15: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
              16: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
              17: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
              18: Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
              19: Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
              20: Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
              21: And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
              22: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
              23: Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
              24: Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
              25: And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
              26: Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
              27: (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled
              28: That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
              29: For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
              30: Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

Okay, okay, but what about incest? Is that off limits?
              Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dmn23 is the douche around here.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

dmn23 has wisdom.

Originally Posted by surfsteve

dmn23 is a GREAT AMERICAN. WTF is wrong with you dickholes ?

Originally Posted by Flogger59

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste and discernment

Comment

Kings of Convenience, it's mellow, you can converse over it, it's interesting music that she'll probably ask about and it's rather obscure to the point that you may come off looking cool for listening to something more "indie."

Or not.

very good choice. royksopp would also be good.

nobody said rape me by nirvana yet.

Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

That said I cannot stand animal cruelty, especially against friends of humanity. These include horses, dogs, chimps, and to a lesser extent dolphins.

Great band.

Originally Posted by sonik

little african girl machete gang victims

Everybody Hates Miserycast

Comment

Ben Harper or Ryan Adams
                  My YouTube channel

Comment

I go with whatever I was listening to before. I'm not trying to impress her. About 99.9 percent of the time her music blows. Every girlfriend I've had was forced to listen to Kyuss in the car nearly all the time. I always get "I don't like this guy's voice", but sadly that does not stop the Desert Rock. I do remember after....um...."finalizing the agreement" turning the car back on and Writhe by Kyuss came on....God what a good song.

No girls like Kyuss. However, they must be forced to coexist with Kyuss.

I think that worrying about what's playing in the car when you pick up a girl is pretty ****************ing sad.
                    Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

• STP - Sex Type Thing

-G
                      Composer: http://www.garrettshatzer.com
                      Featuring two works for guitar: "The Holiday" for solo 7-string and "The Transition" for 7-string and two 6-strings.

Comment

• Talk To Ya Later, by the Tubes.
                        Ronzo / Ronzo II (when at work)

Originally posted by jerry_picker
                        In my experience, most people who say "newk-yuh-ler" for nuclear are piss-their-pants afraid of anything smacking of real science.

Originally Posted by 2manband
                        Women write to inmates because Jazzercize class was cancelled, the 14 cats are fed, and Murder She Wrote doesn't come on for another 2 hours.

Dark Star pilot, Mazi Bee Militia
                        Member of the SG Army
                        HC Geezer Brigade Trooper #228
                        Colonel, Epi Valve Junior Army

Comment

• I can't believe no one has said it. You play your own band! Seriously sorry maybe I mistook this for a MUSICIANS FORUM, See I always thought traditionally Musicians played in these troops generally referred to as wait for it, wait for it, wait for it BANDS! If for some reason you don't have a quality recording of your band throw in some Meshuggah or Necrophagist. If the bitch says something ill about it pop her in the kisser, explain to her that the music is just beyond any level of comprehension she could ever grasp. Then kick her out of the car.
                          For Sale: Line 6 FBC Shortboard, and Vetta Cabinet
                          Looking to buy: 5150 Head (not picky about which version)

Comment

• I can't believe no one has said it. You play your own band! Seriously sorry maybe I mistook this for a MUSICIANS FORUM, See I always thought traditionally Musicians played in these troops generally referred to as wait for it, wait for it, wait for it BANDS! If for some reason you don't have a quality recording of your band throw in some Meshuggah or Necrophagist. If the bitch says something ill about it pop her in the kisser, explain to her that the music is just beyond any level of comprehension she could ever grasp. Then kick her out of the car.

You're one angry ****************er eh?
                            Get lost in the sauce: http://www.reverbnation.com/drdicktreesmedicinecabinet )

You're never gonna get ahead giving head to the man

Comment

• Hmm... Did I sound angry sorry bro I didn't mean to come off that way. I consider myself a realist more than anything. I guess I let my dark humor get the best of me, my apologies!
                              For Sale: Line 6 FBC Shortboard, and Vetta Cabinet
                              Looking to buy: 5150 Head (not picky about which version)

Comment

• Hmm... Did I sound angry sorry bro I didn't mean to come off that way. I consider myself a realist more than anything. I guess I let my dark humor get the best of me, my apologies!

No apology necessary, this is guitar jam
                                Get lost in the sauce: http://www.reverbnation.com/drdicktreesmedicinecabinet )

You're never gonna get ahead giving head to the man

Comment

Working...
                                X