Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking up a girl for 1st date: what music do you have on in the car?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, it really doesn't matter, because all she's gonna hear from the trunk is the subwoofer.
    CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

To be honest, it really doesn't matter, because all she's gonna hear from the trunk is the subwoofer.

Comment

tell me about it, i had an old eclipse at the time, try stuffing a 5 foot brunette in the trunk of a hatchback with a box that barely fit.
        Originally Posted by Standard8

Other girls in the future will look down on you for hooking up with this girl. It's like credit card ********************. You get some now, but you give up much more ******************** in the future by spending your cock-budget now.

Originally Posted by GnR102385

If we were talking second cousin I wouldn't even have that moment where I thought "Wait, this is ****************ed up right?" before I plowed it like an Amish field.

Originally Posted by chainsaw fats

...picking on Crab_Cake for not thinking is the equivalent of putting a trip-wire on the bottom step of the short bus.

Comment

Van Halen I or II

Comment

tell me about it, i had an old eclipse at the time, try stuffing a 5 foot brunette in the trunk of a hatchback with a box that barely fit.

Well there's your problem. Try a 5 foot redhead, they're more flexible.
            ...That's what she said.

Soundclick

Originally Posted by LeftyTom

I wouldn't want to be in any woman who wants me in her.

Originally Posted by Brocktoon

[Baron85's nickname:] Mommy's Little Man

Originally Posted by dmn23

I may not know how to play it or program it, but it makes the "studio" look sufficiently enough like a spaceship that I feel my money was well spent.

Comment

Kings of Convenience, it's mellow, you can converse over it, it's interesting music that she'll probably ask about and it's rather obscure to the point that you may come off looking cool for listening to something more "indie."

Or not.
              Originally Posted by Expressway to yr Skull

Pair of Hipster Piss Flaps

Comment

better dead then red my friend.
                Originally Posted by Standard8

Other girls in the future will look down on you for hooking up with this girl. It's like credit card ********************. You get some now, but you give up much more ******************** in the future by spending your cock-budget now.

Originally Posted by GnR102385

If we were talking second cousin I wouldn't even have that moment where I thought "Wait, this is ****************ed up right?" before I plowed it like an Amish field.

Originally Posted by chainsaw fats

...picking on Crab_Cake for not thinking is the equivalent of putting a trip-wire on the bottom step of the short bus.

Comment

I would go with something like cannibal corpse.

My God...same exact thing popped into my head.

Great minds think alike.
                  thephoenixodyssey.net, new ambient solo project
                  Good dealings with: dustinoneil, Erim, Rhymenocerous, jbandy10, johnrambo, insubordination, KingdomGuitar

Comment

Merzbow, usually.
                    http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13929
                    http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/58730-fluxusbear.mp3

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I'm out of touch with reality.

Comment

Motown seems like a good bet. Everyone likes Motown.

...Right?
                      Originally Posted by danuniversal

Dr. Flamencology, please stop your insulting words.

Originally Posted by lukeswall

what's that acronym you guys use all the time? something to do with hitting it in the butt. I always forget how it goes.

Comment

How about The Beatles? Abbey Road?
                        84 Gibson Explorer
                        Ibanez Roadstar II
                        Gordon-Smith SG 2
                        Brian May Signature (FOR TRADE for Telecaster)
                        91 Fender HM Strat

Mesa Boogie Mark III red stripe
                        Peavey VTM
                        1965 Fender Vibro Champ
                        Laney AOR Pro Tube 30

Member of the SG Army Reserves

Good Transsactions: GuitarCrazy, Crxshdxmmy, Thrust, rileykill, MaziBee

Comment

Rain Dogs.

I'm not joking either. Nothing makes me quite so happy as to hear a woman say, "Oh, wow... you like Tom Waits???"

So, I play either Tom Waits or Ben Harper. If you can't hang with either of them, I can't hang out in your pad watching tv while you're at work.
                          -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

I've said this before but **************** Musicians Friend in their stupid ****************ing faces.

Originally Posted by rickenvox

Realizing Ringo's talent is just a litmus test to identify musical idiots

Originally Posted by PFB

Ringo may have been the weakest link of the Beatles, but that's like being the worst president on Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

Silence in the car drives me absolutely INSANE (no pun intended). I have to have something going.

I usually go for chill but a bit upbeat...but nothing that will interrupt conversation.

Go-to choice is the Mark Farina Mushroom Jazz series.

What say you?

-G

I would say not to give any thought whatsoever to what happens to be playing in your car when you pick her up, and whether she would be imnpressed by it.
                            Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

Not to be a complete nitpicker, but Damone called that. And then Rat effed up and jammed Kashmir. No wonder she banged Damone....oke:

I was gonna say that. Thanks.

I thought Side 1 of Zep 4, was the ONLY answer.
                              -- Jeff
                              Beware of counterfeit Shure SM57s

Comment

(Quote:
                                Originally Posted by tiltsta
                                I would go with something like cannibal corpse. )

(My God...same exact thing popped into my head.

Great minds think alike.)

start her off with hammer smashed face, flip it to ****************ed with a knife, and skull full of maggots. high five!

I went for pantera on my first dates
                                "appreciate music for what it is, and don't criticize it for what it is not"

if you can read this, you should be practicing!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X