Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a 2-humbucker Tele?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Squier Custom II (which is with P90's), it eventually became a good workhorse guitar. As soon as I got it, I exchanged the nut for an Earvana, which I do with all my Fenders
    Plays and sounds great.
    Eventually I'll change the bridge saddles and pickups as well - most likely Graphtech. Not sure about what pickups yet. The ones in it sounds good, although somewhat muddy at times.
    Wasted! @ MySpace

Proud member of teh Bucket Brigade

Comment

Seems a bit silly to spend big bucks on modding such a cheap guitar though doesn't it?

Comment

Screw the Tele for now; I wanna know about the Blackheart. .

Get out of my thread you terrorist.

Comment

I'll derail this thread if it's the last thing I do!

*shakes fist, lives to hijack another day*
          Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dmn23 is the douche around here.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

dmn23 has wisdom.

Originally Posted by surfsteve

dmn23 is a GREAT AMERICAN. WTF is wrong with you ********************************s ?

Originally Posted by Flogger59

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste and discernment

Comment

Seems a bit silly to spend big bucks on modding such a cheap guitar though doesn't it?

Actually no. It still ends up cheaper than buying a higher end guitar with the same features. Not to mention the end result often can end up every bit as good.
            And, some of us actually likes the whole modding process as well
            Wasted! @ MySpace

Comment

I currently don't own a tele; though I'm looking out for a nice used MIM
              I've just never understood this...
              Isn't the "thing" about a tele is the single pups; stagared bridge pup set in the standard tele bridge? Isn't a tele about the twang?
              How is a 2 hummy considered a tele?

I love the shape and general feel, but can never get proper singlecoils to sound good for me. I'd like one of those dual humbucker ones to load up with 2 Bareknuckle MQ humbucker sized p90s, I bet that would rawk the proverbial socks off
              Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

thom york plays teh 72 deluxe. he made teh price go up on them.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-72-Telecaster-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=511141

What a bastard.

Comment

I purchased one a month ago on a whim. Glad I did. Normally I would never even consider Squire but last year I had a few bucks and wanted a tele body, I wound up buying the Affinity tele and it Rocked. I'm just as pleased with this one. It did require some setup but that is to be expected. I can play anything with it and get good results/tone. I'm leaving it stock, no mods. Great Value.

Comment

I have the Squier Custom II (which is with P90's), it eventually became a good workhorse guitar. As soon as I got it, I exchanged the nut for an Earvana, which I do with all my Fenders
                    Plays and sounds great.
                    Eventually I'll change the bridge saddles and pickups as well - most likely Graphtech. Not sure about what pickups yet. The ones in it sounds good, although somewhat muddy at times.

I've got that one too.
                    Sounds pretty damn cool with the stock pickups, IMO.
                    The neck feels weird though.
                    My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

Yeah the neck took some time getting used to.
                      Very awkward compared to the MusicMan which normally gets the most action.
                      Most guitars are hard to play compared to EBMM guitars though

Right now, it's the #1 when I play with my original band.
                      For some reason it sounds just right for that kind of rawk (think hard rock/boogie rock/early 80's heavy). The other guitarist plays an SG, and they compliment each other very well
                      Wasted! @ MySpace

Comment

Whats so weird about the neck exactly? I've never played one but isnt it just a regular fender neck?
                        Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

I have 2 guns... One for each of ya.

OGG

Comment

Whats so weird about the neck exactly? I've never played one but isnt it just a regular fender neck?

i think it U shape

Comment

I have a 2 humbucker Tele, although it's not the 72 reissue model. It goes by the lengthy title of Fender Custom Tele Special Limited Edition, and was an exclusive model to Musician's Friend, I believe. It's a bit different than a 72 (I used to have one of those too) and has an arched top with bindings on body and neck. Mine's a goldtop and came with DiMarzio humbuckers - Air Norton/Tone Zone with coil split switch. It sounds great and the coil split adds a lot making it the most versatile guitar I've ever owned.

Comment

I have a 79 Tele Thinline with ash body,F-hole and maple neck.

It is a fine ****************ing instrument!!
                                If it won't fetch a bird, It isn't a dog!

If you have something to say about me, say it behind my back, because I don't F'n care!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X