Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Warming Reversed In One Year

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People also like to say that oil is not renewable. That is a lie.

It's decayed organic matter under pressure, heat and time.

Is there still organic matter? Is there still pressure? Is there still heat? Is there still time?

Have there always been?

Then oil has never stopped being made.
    Yes, I hate you.

Comment

Is there still organic matter? Is there still pressure? Is there still heat? Is there still time?

Have there always been?

But the rate at which we're consuming the oil is much higher than the rate it would be created due to decomposition of organic matter. A MUCH higher rate.

When we "run out" of oil there will still be oil produced naturally but that's a trickle. It's always been a trickle but it's been trickling for millions of years.

We all need "Mr. Fusion" reactors in our cars... they create 1.21 gigawatts of power ya know!
      "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

Have there always been?

Yes, but massive reserves are produced in mass extinctions, like the one that happened 65 million years ago. Things don't die in enormous groups anymore.
        http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13929
        http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/58730-fluxusbear.mp3

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I'm out of touch with reality.

Comment

*smacks forehead and hates self for opening thread*

big +1 right there good buddy
          Proud Member of the Epiphone EmpireBOOMER SOONER!

Originally Posted by gopher666

I love how your sig soon takes up an entire browser window.

Originally Posted by Strings74

This is why I recommend booze.

Comment

No offense but a masters in chemistry hardly qualifies her as an expert. The people studying this stuff, many of them at least, are phd level. They've also been studying this one thing for 40 years.

And the weather man ****************s-up the 4 day on a routinely basis, go figure.
            Real Men Play Telecasters!

Were you doing better when "rich" people were makin' money, OR are you better off now?

Fuchs ODS 30, BadCat HC15, 63' Fender Blackface Bandmaster, Mesa-Boogie Mark, Mesa-Boogie Tremoverb, Mesa-boogie Heartbreaker, MusicMan 112RD

Comment

And the weather man ****************s-up the 4 day on a routinely basis, go figure.

But it's climate not weather changes we're talking about!!!!

"KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

not weather changes we're talking about!!!!

But it's colder not hotter, that's the change we're talking about!!!!

The air is cleaner, and there's less trash around too!

Open your eyes.
                Real Men Play Telecasters!

Were you doing better when "rich" people were makin' money, OR are you better off now?

Fuchs ODS 30, BadCat HC15, 63' Fender Blackface Bandmaster, Mesa-Boogie Mark, Mesa-Boogie Tremoverb, Mesa-boogie Heartbreaker, MusicMan 112RD

Comment

But the rate at which we're consuming the oil is much higher than the rate it would be created due to decomposition of organic matter. A MUCH higher rate.

When we "run out" of oil there will still be oil produced naturally but that's a trickle. It's always been a trickle but it's been trickling for millions of years.

We all need "Mr. Fusion" reactors in our cars... they create 1.21 gigawatts of power ya know!

What I can't figure out is why the state of California (or any other sunshine state for that matter) isn't doing more to put solar panels on every roof in the state. That would go a long way towards reducing pollution, and it would help reduce consumption of fossil fuels.
                  Any problem can be solved by the suitable application of nuclear weapons.

XT Brotherhood

Comment

What I can't figure out is why the state of California (or any other sunshine state for that matter) isn't doing more to put solar panels on every roof in the state. That would go a long way towards reducing pollution, and it would help reduce consumption of fossil fuels.

agreed.

I was in turkey last year and EVERY house had solar water heaters - they worked great and are reallly cheap (especially compared to photovoltaic stuff). california could at least go that route.

Comment

A couple communities up this way are going solar. I thought one of the problems with too many solar panels was the reflection would cause problems with the atmosphere. . .but I'm probably muddled on that point.

I'd love to go solar myself, but between cost and pigeons, can't see doing it just yet.

Yeah, I'd go solar too if the up front cost wasn't so steep. My energy use at home is such that I'd be generating more energy than I actually use.
                      Any problem can be solved by the suitable application of nuclear weapons.

XT Brotherhood

Comment

not hotter, that's the change we're talking about!!!!

The air is cleaner, and there's less trash around too!

Open your eyes.

My eyes are open and all I see is people polluting the planet... all people must die!!! Time for an "I Am Legend" virus eh?!
                        "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

Yeah, I'd go solar too if the up front cost wasn't so steep. My energy use at home is such that I'd be generating more energy than I actually use.

That's the rub... solar is expensive. But yeah you'd think there's be more government initiated incentives to go solar... maybe the power company lobbyists are playing a part?
                          "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

My sister has a masters degree in chemistry and does not believe the science behind global warming. Would you say that you are more knowledgeable and educated in science than she is?

I have a bachelor's in Biology and years of self education.

Here's a question though, is your sister a conservative republican?

You see, I'm not a republican or a democrat, I'm just a human being that lives on this planet. My brain has no reason to convince me to look beyond logic for another answer. I have no political motivation in my desire to preserve the habitability of this globe for future generations.

Comment

Have there always been?

Problem is Anjinsan, we use up oil about 3 kabillion times faster than the earth is able to produce it.

The oil reserves we have now are the results of MILLIONS of years..... If we use it all up in a couple of hundred years, we'll have to waid another several million for it to be renewed.....

And then, there just arent the HUGE tracts of lands covered in ferns and **************** like there were in the carboniferous period.....Humans have removed a signifigant amount of the vegetation that covers the earth, not to mention that Oil comes from a time when PLANTS not reptiles or Mammals ruled the earth. That time is over forever Anjinsan.

Sorry my friend, read a few books and turn off the Sean Hannity.....

Comment

My sister has a masters degree in chemistry and does not believe the science behind global warming. Would you say that you are more knowledgeable and educated in science than she is?

I'd also like to say that anytime you make a generalized statment as I did, there will be exceptions. However, that has no bearing on the fact that this is a generally true....

They manage to find "scientists" to stand up in support of creationism too..... doesn't mean they're good scientists.

Comment

Working...
                                X