X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb 25th it was 92 here

21 here and snowing.
    Yes, I hate you.

Comment

You saw that computer animated polar bear drown!

Do you evil ****************************s want more of that?

No! Save teh computer-animated polar bears!
      Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
      -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

There's enough stupid to go around here, but chronicinsomnia would have to take the cake with not understanding how a natural product could change the earth, and then giving counterexamples to his own statement.
        Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

global warming wasn't the only damage carbon emissions are causing

Comment

see the word 'estimated' in the "half the worlds oil reserves..." thread. the fact is the earth is warming up. for what, no one knows for sure. scientists have made inferences as to why, and most of the data is used to provide evidence the theory exists.

the problem is that it takes roughly 20-30 years to remove the CO2 we've already pumped into the atmosphere. couple that with 2 of the most populated places on the planet (china and india)becoming increasingly industrial and also having availability to motor vehicles like never before, and you have a huge energy crisis looming. they will continue to increase the demand for energy.

the problem being that we only can get so much from certain sources. coal is our most popular electricity generating technology. over 2/3 of the electricity here is produced by coal fired plants. you want to discuss oil? petroleum provides 99% of the energy we use for transportation. natural gas fuels 72% of the homes requiring heat. we use coal because of its abundance and price. nuclear power is done in the US. the chernobyl disaster and 3 mile island ruined it. hydroelectric power can be increased in certain areas but the feasibility is impractical, and it won't make any noticeable difference in the global scheme of things.

check here for the statistics. if the gov't didn't want us to know, they could hide it quite easily.
            http://www.eia.doe.gov/
            Originally Posted by Standard8

Other girls in the future will look down on you for hooking up with this girl. It's like credit card pussy. You get some now, but you give up much more pussy in the future by spending your cock-budget now.

Originally Posted by GnR102385

If we were talking second cousin I wouldn't even have that moment where I thought "Wait, this is ****************ed up right?" before I plowed it like an Amish field.

Originally Posted by chainsaw fats

...picking on Crab_Cake for not thinking is the equivalent of putting a trip-wire on the bottom step of the short bus.

Comment

It is certainly getting much colder. Here is what top scientists say can happen once the earth gets cold as ice- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-is6S_b_g SCARY!!!!!!!
              Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

I may not have gone to school for Climatological studies, but I do watch a lot of Scifi movies. And I've learned this much. 1) You can restart the earths core with nuclear missiles, if you time them right. 2) It is possible to travel back in time (There are many different theories to how this works, I personal am a believer in the Terminator Scenario) 3) And this is the most important, As we learned in The Day After Tomorrow Global Warming cannot be reversed in years but rather minutes! Just watch the movie guys, Dennis Quade wouldn't lie!
                For Sale: Line 6 FBC Shortboard, and Vetta Cabinet
                Looking to buy: 5150 Head (not picky about which version)

Comment

global warming wasn't the only damage carbon emissions are causing

Yeah, I kind of wish they focused more on pollution itself rather than tying it to something so arcane and barely tangible as long-term weather patterns, with so many inter-connected sub-processes that a reliable model is practically impossible. Combustion by-products affect our air, water, and food supply much more directly.

And that graph showing the steep drop in the last year shows a running average still on the uprise.

(I say this as some one who doesn't buy into the climate change dogma)
                  A fool can toss a stone into a pond which a thousand wise men cannot retrieve...

Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of wish they focused more on pollution itself rather than tying it to something so arcane and barely tangible as long-term weather patterns, with so many inter-connected sub-processes that a reliable model is practically impossible. Combustion by-products affect our air, water, and food supply much more directly.

And that graph showing the steep drop in the last year shows a running average still on the uprise.

(I say this as some one who doesn't buy into the climate change dogma)

But we have duo-core intel processor computers now. Certainly they are capable of predicting everything accurately! They were using pencils and pieces of paper in the 70's...THAT is how they ****************ed that up.

Plus science and the people who practice it are 15x smarter than they were 30 years ago when they basically were guessing.

Plus Al Gore said it is so.
                    Yes, I hate you.

Comment

20-30 years to remove the C02 that we put up there?

What about the C02 that mother nature puts up there? How long until we get rid of that? Are we trying to? I mean geologically we are at A PERIOD OF EXTREME LOW LEVELS OF CARBON DIOXIDE IN THE ATMOSPHERE. <--- read that 20 times please. So being that there is less C02 in the air now than there has been throughout MOST of the planet's history...why do we want to make the levels lower still?

Every creature on Earth emits C02. Every plant. Every micro-organism. Then of course the planet itself releases C02. Massive amounts of it.

Global warming being man made...seems retarded. We are a lot less important than you believe. I do not care HOW many science guys got million dollar grants for proof of a correlation.
                      Yes, I hate you.

Comment

Because they've been whining about pollution for decades... GW is a new sexy apocalyptic thing that's not provable that they can rally behind and whine like never before!

I have no problem with battling pollution, I've whined too. But you can easily prove that pollution exists and has a detrimental effect on everyone. Nobody can conclusively prove that man made GW is real, and they can't prove it isn't either... like you said, way too complicated to "prove" much of anything.
                        "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

Every creature on Earth emits C02. Every plant. Every micro-organism. Then of course the planet itself releases C02. Massive amounts of it.

Plants emit CO2? I though they emitted oxygen and consumed CO2...
                          "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

Plants emit CO2? I though they emitted oxygen and consumed CO2...

Plants emit CO2 when they decompose. I'm not sure if that's what he meant or not.
                            Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Plants emit CO2 when they decompose. I'm not sure if that's what he meant or not.

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah that's probably what he was referring to.
                              "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

Did anyone even read the articles?

It states that the cooling is the result of decreased solar activity for the past year. If next year were to have a return to previous levels of activity, then we're back to exactly where we started. The article is discussing an aspect of climate that is independent of green house gas emissions and their effect on the global temperatures.

If you decrease the fire fueling an oven, it gets cooler. It doesn't change the fact that it's still an oven and is still good at trapping heat. It just means that there is less heat to be trapped.

Anyone who cites this article as "proof" against global warming has no grasp on any of the concepts involved in either global warming or the article.

wait, you want me to READ the article? my mind is made up. i don't need to read and have my mind made up for me.
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Working...
                                X