Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCartney's "Long and Winding Road": most dismal song ever?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McCartney's "Long and Winding Road": most dismal song ever?

    Originally Posted by danuniversal


    So, you give more importance to a few minutes of sex than to hours of delight coexisting with her, watching her, dreaming with her, playing with her, loving her...

  • #2
    awesome song! thanks for devoting a thread to it

    Comment


    • #3
      i like it.
      Mercury by day, Uranus by night.









      Originally Posted by Hamza Ashgari


      Saudi women... won't go to hell "because it's impossible to go there twice."

      Comment


      • #4
        !LIAF CIPE
        Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

        Comment


        • #5
          (parody thread--love the song though, minus the stringed cheese Mr. Wall of Sound added)
          Originally Posted by danuniversal


          So, you give more importance to a few minutes of sex than to hours of delight coexisting with her, watching her, dreaming with her, playing with her, loving her...

          Comment


          • #6
            This is the most dismal thread ever.

            Comment


            • #7
              More like fantastic song sullied by your ****************ty taste!
              HCGJ Hyperbolic Race Traitor of the Year 2008






              Originally Posted by Captain Scully


              wayne vinson was sitting in seat 18c crying like a bitch.

              i had to carry that softy out under my arm. if times got desperate he was going to be our raft.

              he was wanting to store a bogner shiva in the coat closet. i later ate my lunch off that overpriced piece of **************** while i was sitting on the tail fin waiting for the rescue boats.










              Originally Posted by mattoverb


              omg I just noticed this thread has a vampire.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is the most dismal thread ever.


                Hell no. This thread was a complete success. Any thread I start where I get to show my friends "Hey, that black guy who sold Elaine candy in that one Seinfeld episode/was in a crappy commercial with Chris Rock called my thread an epic fail in Latin" is a good one. I am, however, realizing that no one sees it's a parody.
                Originally Posted by danuniversal


                So, you give more importance to a few minutes of sex than to hours of delight coexisting with her, watching her, dreaming with her, playing with her, loving her...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hell no. This thread was a complete success. Any thread I start where I get to show my friends "Hey, that black guy who sold Elaine candy in that one Seinfeld episode/was in a crappy commercial with Chris Rock called my thread an epic fail in Latin" is a good one. I am, however, realizing that no one sees it's a parody.


                  jujubees

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD
                    (Lennon/McCartney)

                    PAUL 1970: "The album was finished a year ago, but a few months ago American record producer Phil Spector was called in by John Lennon to tidy up some of the tracks. But a few weeks ago, I was sent a re-mixed version of my song 'The Long And Winding Road' with harps, horns, an orchestra, and a women's choir added. No one had asked me what I thought. I couldn't believe it. The record came with a note from Allen Klein saying he thought the changes were necessary. I don't blame Phil Spector for doing it, but it just goes to show that it's no good me sitting here thinking I'm in control because obviously I'm not. Anyway, I've sent Klein a letter asking for some things to be altered, but I haven't received an answer yet."

                    JOHN 1980: "Paul again. He had a little spurt just before we split."

                    PAUL circa-1994: "It's rather a sad song. I like writing sad songs, it's a good bag to get into because you can actually acknowledge some deeper feelings of your own and put them in it. It's a good vehicle, it saves having to go to a psychiatrist. Songwriting often performs that feat-- you say it, but you don't embarrass yourself because it's only a song, or is it? You are putting the things that are bothering you on the table and you are reviewing them, but because it's a song, you don't have to argue with anyone... It's a sad song because it's all about the unattainable; the door you never quite reach. This is the road that you never get to the end of."
                    “One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
                    -Rachel Carson-

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      jujubees


                      juji fruits
                      Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hate that song.
                        http://www.kingsofthedrink.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          mcartney was a hack
                          the day is gray
                          everyone's away
                          and there's nothing to do

                          turn on tv
                          program's not for me
                          and there's nothing to do

                          so i'll put on a record that i love to hear
                          and the sound will blast my ear


                          the record's over
                          it's over
                          it's all over
                          and there's nothing to do

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's a lot better without the strings.
                            Brian

                            "it aint nothin' but a jam"
                            -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You know, this thread is giving me an ideal. Maybe I should post the same exact thread except mine WON'T be a parody!!! Then i can really get Barry, who blinks a lot really angry at me! Coming up! Like a flower!
                              Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

                              “Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X