Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides electric guitars, are there anything else you collect?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides electric guitars, are there anything else you collect?

For me it's firearms and cars.

I have an AK 47, SKS, AR-15, various shotguns, a .44 magnum revolver and semi-auto pistols that range from .22LR to 10mm.

Between my wife and I , we have a '99 Suburban, an '02 and '06 Nissan Xterra's, a '94 Toyota 4x2 4 cyl pickup (27mpg) and a few days ago, a new '09 Mitsubishi Lancer (28 mpg).

My logic for having 5 vehicles is the same for having 31 electrics. I need one for the different styles and tones. Ergo, I need the Suburaban to tow my boat and the Xterra's are for the severe Chicago winter snows and the two 4 cyl vehicles are daily drivers that gets decent gas mileage.
    member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

DVDs... Have around 560 now (which isn't a whole lot compared to other collections where people buy every DVD which comes out only stuff I like)
    -- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
    G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
    Beware of my Teutonic Terror

Comment

Yeah for the hyper comsumers
      I gots a lot of guitars, cds, vinyl and several amps. Thats it. 1 car. 1 bicycle.

Comment

Bows. I make primitive and classical archery gear and since I don't sell them..... I "collect" them. I have dozens of them.

Here's a couple...

Comment

I used to collect folding knives, but I gave that up. My favorites were made from Cold Steel, though I've yet to try the stuff from Benchmade and SOG.

I guess you could say I collect computers and software/hardware, comes in handy when you work in IT. Got 1 desktop and 2 laptops, might be getting a Mac soon.
          Gibson LP Studio
          Fender HWY 1 Strat
          Fender HWY 1 Tele
          Yamaha FG720S
          Yamaha FX310

Fender Blues Junior
          Fender Champion 600
          Vox AD15VT
          Orange Micro Crush

Pedals: Boss, Dunlop, Ibanez, Maxon, and EHX

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

Still collect baseball cards, and a few vinyl lp's I may not have.
            Heritage Guitars

When "Good Enough" Isn't

Comment

I've collected pocket knives and hunting knives over the years. It's a small collection really. Lately I've been concentrating on Benchmade knives. In fact, if you're interested in a NIB Cabelas D2 Griptilian, send me a PM.
              "Bend it til it sounds right!"

Comment

books on the occult - nothing super rare or anything, as I am poor, but I do have a first edition hardcover of "The Vision & The Voice" by Aleister Crowley.
                My Original Music:
                Goetic Circle
                Ashes of the Magician
                UNDEAD PRIEST
                In the Name of Majestic Hellfire

Comment

I have quite the collection of empty soda cans piling up around my computer.
                  Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

Bows. I make primitive and classical archery gear and since I don't sell them..... I "collect" them. I have dozens of them.

Very cool. Nice looking work. You should put one in the SPAM forum as a possible trade for some gear...you never know.

And for me...I have a couple hundred civil war minnie balls and a few other artifacts.
                    We made all the hotspots, my money flowed like wine
                    And then that low-down southern whiskey, began to fog my mind

Comment

I used to collect stamps--when I was eight years old. Then, I matured.

Comment

Over the last few years, fat cells, lots of fat cells.

Got a pretty good collection at the moment.
                        "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

I don't even collect guitars.
                          This is my signature file. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Comment

not me; just guitars and amps and effects pedals (actually, i'm more of an "acquire-er" of pedals~ no real rhymn or reason there).
                            INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

I don't even collect guitars.

Me?

Experiences, good bad and ugly.

Doesn't cost anything, no one can take 'em away, they don't wear out and they are always useful.

But that's just me.
                              Rules for a Happy Life:
                              Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                              I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                              doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                              Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Working...
                              X