Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever had a girl you were dating/interested in/whatev mention wanting to "talk"...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had a girl you were dating/interested in/whatev mention wanting to "talk"...

... and then NOT get the "lets just be friends" line, or some other variant that boils down to "I am not interested in you physically/romantically"?

Because I just did. For the first time ever.

I mean, any mention (by a girl) of getting together to "talk" is like, almost certainly bad news, right?

I didn't think it was possible. I guess she really did just want to talk.

Weird.

She just lost her nerve. She'll probably text or email the bad news to you.
    Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
    -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Awesome, brough! Now go tap that bitch for the glory of Sigma Theta Epsilon!

*high fives*

...I'm sorry.
      Originally Posted by rhino55

hi.flyer is to banjo as gennation is to fat whores

Comment

Have you ever met a girl that you tried to date but a year to make love she wanted you to wait?
        We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

I don't know. The night ended with a "I'd really like to hang out some more- what are you doing tomorrow?" from her.

I'm getting mixed signals.

Comment

Yep, texting is the way these days..

But for your sake, I hope it's not bad news.

Comment

Sometimes girls just want to talk.
              Last Fm

Originally Posted by tompetty

I guess you missed my point..

Comment

1F does it all the time - and then always follows it up with some kind of normal conversation about whether or not we're going to do this or that this weekend.

At first it freaked me out when I heard it, but now I'm getting used to it.

Comment

Yep, texting is the way these days..

But for your sake, I hope it's not bad news.

Thanks.

I don't think she'd text me to say that. We have a pretty good rapport.

We've known each other casually for like a year because she plays in a band we often play with and hang out with. We kind of always hit it off together, but I'd been taken until a while ago.

Anyways last weekend there was drunken making out a party and we both kinda confessed that we'd always felt some kind of connection. In the last few days it's been more like just hand-holding and talking and G-rated displays of affection.

She's also bisexual and I'm not 100% sure where she stands on guys. I'm also get the feeling she's maybe sort of inexperienced in dating. She's like a wierd cross of wild person and total innocent. And she's cool as ****************, I mean just awesome to hang out with.

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be so long.

I just though "talk" was just like the way a girl says "forget it buddy".

It really seems like she just wanted to talk. We did have a really nice drink/talk.

Comment

Thanks.

I don't think she'd text me to say that. We have a pretty good rapport.

We've known each other casually for like a year because she plays in a band we often play with and hang out with. We kind of always hit it off together, but I'd been taken until a while ago.

Anyways last weekend there was drunken making out a party and we both kinda confessed that we'd always felt some kind of connection. In the last few days it's been more like just hand-holding and talking and G-rated displays of affection.

She's also bisexual and I'm not 100% sure where she stands on guys. I'm also get the feeling she's maybe sort of inexperienced in dating. She's like a wierd cross or wild person and total innocent. And she's cool as ****************, I mean just awesome to hang out with.

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be so long.

I just though "talk" was just like the way a girl says "forget it buddy".

It really seems like she just wanted to talk. We did have a really nice drink/talk.

Just keep it going, maybe she's still figuring it all out.

Comment

Girl: "We need to TALK."

Translation: "I'd rather date your grandmother than you."

Sigh.

Comment

"I want to talk" = not so bad
                        "We need to talk" = my girlfriend ****************ed my best friend. Whore.
                        Vox Brigade

Mazi Bee kick ass Militia

Texas kicks ass

Blues Brigade

Vintage Mahoganeer

Originally Posted by bengerm77

Sex is like pizza: there's no such thing as bad pizza. Sure there is cold pizza, pizza that makes you sick, unenthusianstic meaningless pizza, and pizza that you won't get a second time. But nothing will ever make you stop wanting pizza.

Comment

Not necessarily true.
                          Girl: "We need to TALK."
                          Translation: "I'd rather date your grandmother than you."
                          Sigh.

Sometimes when they want to 'talk' they are looking for more from you. They want to know that if/when they are ready, you're not gonna just bang 'em and walk away; they want to know there can be a deeper connection.

Sometimes.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

I don't know. The night ended with a "I'd really like to hang out some more- what are you doing tomorrow?" from her.

I'm getting mixed signals.

It's easy not to get mixed signals, just ignore everything she says. Most signals come from what they do and from their body language. The words are just there to confuse you.
                            Agile AL-3000 Wine-Red Spalted LP
                            Fender MIM Black Strat
                            Vox AD15VT

The Last Question

Comment

She's just having a hard time telling you that she really, really has the hots for me and that you'll be no good to her at all.
                              President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right
                              Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong

Originally Posted by StankNasty

the dream isn't in your parents' basement

Comment

Working...
                              X