Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soooo I listened to the entire Beatles 1 album...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo I listened to the entire Beatles 1 album...

I don't get it... I mean total 'meh'

Will I appreciate their music when I'm older?

No, probably not.

Comment

I think it's just I don't find the voices pleasant to my ears

Comment

I agree with Rada on this one. I respect them, but don't care to listen.
        The North remembers...

Comment

Fail. Someday you'll get it. Takes a while for some. Although, One isn't exactly the best way to get into the Beatles.
          Originally Posted by danuniversal

So, you give more importance to a few minutes of sex than to hours of delight coexisting with her, watching her, dreaming with her, playing with her, loving her...

Comment

God damn, first The Who, now The Beatles?

Listen to Rubber Soul and Revolver back to back.
            Originally Posted by Pontius Pilate

RUDE is exactly what we're going for. I'm talking "get her high on acid and tell her that her mom died" type of rude.

€piphone €mpire

-I mean, you're talking electric guitar. What have you got? You got a guitar, you've got your own ****************************, and you've got an amplifier. Somehow these three things have to come to be where you want 'em all to be at once. -Keef

Comment

God damn, first The Who, now The Beatles?

Listen to Rubber Soul and Revolver back to back.

Well, I like the Live at Leeds album (I listened to it on youtube)

I don't think I'll pick up the albums... I don't care for the vocals and there aren't any compensating factors

Comment

So you don't really like The Who or the Beatles.

Rock N Roll just might not be your thing.

SUPER EVIL INDUSTRIES
                SUPER EVIL FORUMS
                Facebook ~ sonik777@hotmail.com
                "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I have the gift of musical tolerance.

Comment

It took me, a fellow youngster, a few listens to begin appreciating different aspects of the group. The songwriting, vocals, and just about every aspect of the music (minus the drums, sorry Ringo) has its moment to shine through.
                  http://www.soundclick.com/nhsjazzensemble

http://www.youtube.com/GuitarIsLife247

Comment

How can you cancel out quite arguably the greatest band ever from a ****************ty compilation album? Go out and get the god damned albums. The **************** is on youtube for free, anyways.
                    Originally Posted by Pontius Pilate

RUDE is exactly what we're going for. I'm talking "get her high on acid and tell her that her mom died" type of rude.

€piphone €mpire

-I mean, you're talking electric guitar. What have you got? You got a guitar, you've got your own ****************************, and you've got an amplifier. Somehow these three things have to come to be where you want 'em all to be at once. -Keef

Comment

I agree with Rada on this one. I respect them, but don't care to listen.

+1

To me it seems like you had to be there when they first came out I guess it was groundbreaking for its time but its nothing new or exciting to us who have had access rock music all of our lives

Rubber Soul has some good songs but a lot of them bore me, so I also give them a solid meh
                      Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

+1

To me it seems like you had to be there when they first came out I guess it was groundbreaking for its time but its nothing new or exciting to us who have had access rock music all of our lives

Rubber Soul has some good songs but a lot of them bore me, so I also give them a solid meh

Well said. I very much respect the Beatles and appreciate their contribution to music, however I rarely listen to them.
                        Good Trades/Deals

ReverbNation - Honest Thieves
                        FaceBook - Honest Thieves

Music
                        Jars of Clay - MuteMath - Foo Fighters - Smashing Pumpkins - Led Zeppelin - Iron & Wine (to relax by)

Comment

How can you cancel out quite arguably the greatest band ever from a ****************ty compilation album? Go out and get the god damned albums. The **************** is on youtube for free, anyways.

It's not so bad, is it?...I mean, making a career-spanning Beatles compilation is a tall task. That said, I agree that getting original albums is more fun.

I think the biggest compliment I can give the Beatles is that I never really tire of their music. As someone who grew up in the 90's, exposed to decades of post-Beatles music, I admit I will probably never fully appreciate the impact their records had when they came out (especially the 1-2-3 punch of Rubber Soul-Revolver-Sgt. Pepper's ), but something about it just keeps me coming back no matter how well I know all the songs and how little I think they will surprise me.
                          Originally Posted by danuniversal

Dr. Flamencology, please stop your insulting words.

Originally Posted by lukeswall

what's that acronym you guys use all the time? something to do with hitting it in the butt. I always forget how it goes.

Comment

Listen to Sgt. Peppers and the White Album. So much better than Revolver and Rubber Soul, in my opinion.
                            "We are all very lucky to live in a world where there is this much music."

Good friend
                            How loud do
                            You want life
                            To shout her
                            Answers in your ear

Comment

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

Working...
                              X