Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! EZdrummer/Reaper/e-drums latency issues!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! EZdrummer/Reaper/e-drums latency issues!

So I finally got the MIDI to USB cable, hooked everything up, mapped out all the note values in my DTXpress's brain, and started playing. Everything works and sounds great, but I can't get the latency down to the point where it's usable for playing with a click or a track in real time. It's sooooooooooo close, but there's just enough lag to make it annoying as ****************.

Any helpful hints?
    Am I gonna hafta shell out more $$$ for a better soundcard?
    My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Do you have an interface between your instruments and your computer, like a USB interface or something, that you could set as your default soundcard? That's how I have mine set up, though I don't know if that would help with your problem, as I don't play midi live.
    My Songs Rising of the Lights

Comment

should've bought a Mac
      My Last FM
      My Youtube page
      BobNod # 11

Comment

Check your ASIO settings.

Comment

No ASIO.
          I'm doing this on a laptop with some kinda **************** integrated soundcard--Soundmax, I believe.
          My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

No ASIO.
            I'm doing this on a laptop with some kinda **************** integrated soundcard--Soundmax, I believe.

External usb or firewire soundcard with midi would clear that up, provided it supports asio. I've never had any luck reducing latency without asio drivers.
            It's hard to face the truth, but I suppose you yourself realize that if you'd had just a little more courage, just a little more strength of character, you could have been dead by now. No such luck.--P. J. O'Rourke--

Comment

No ASIO.

Download Asio4All.
              Install.
              Be happy.

Comment

Download Asio4All.
                Install.
                Be happy.

I'm finding conflicting reports on this--some folks are getting snap, crackle and pop.
                My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

I'm finding conflicting reports on this--some folks are getting snap, crackle and pop.

I think thats just when you have the buffer set too low for your hardware capability. If you raise the buffer size a bit you should get rid of any crackles etc, I guess with integrated stuff it'll be a bit of a compromise between latency and the crackles though? It always was for me on my laptop.
                  Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

I used this with a couple of laptops with ****************e onboard soundcards, I got the latency down to 5ms with no pops, which is easily good enough

it will also depend on the amount of memory and speed of your pc as well of course, but it should do the business

Comment

Alright.
                      I DL'd ASIO4all.
                      Will install later (I gotta go get my car serviced) and report back.
                      Thanks guys.
                      My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

ASIO4all ain't working for me.
                        When I select it as my audio device in Reaper, I get no sound at all.
                        My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

Anyone?
                          My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

Dude, I wish I had experience with your hardware and with reaper so I could help you......

I'm great with MOTU and SONAR........

Comment

Dude, I wish I had experience with your hardware and with reaper so I could help you......

I'm great with MOTU and SONAR........

+1

Wish I could help

Short of getting a better soundcard for your laptop, I have no good ideas

I've a great cover idea for this month that would suit ya a great deal I think though.
                              Originally Posted by tiger roach

NORWEGIAN motherf**ker DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Comment

Working...
                              X