Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the genneration after generation Y called?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the genneration after generation Y called?

I'm part of Generation Y, which means I'm not an old guy reminiscing about the "good old days"....but I fear this new generation entering the work force will cause serious problems with their "laid back" work ethic. Maybe I'm generalizing too much, but it seems like these kids would rather have free time than work. WTF?

I'm part of Generation Y, which means I'm not an old guy reminiscing about the "good old days"....but I fear this new generation entering the work force will cause serious problems with their "laid back" work ethic. Maybe I'm generalizing too much, but it seems like these kids would rather have free time than work. WTF?

I'll post a response later, I'm off to lunch and then play some guitar.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

I've said this before but **************** Musicians Friend in their stupid ****************ing faces.

Originally Posted by rickenvox

Realizing Ringo's talent is just a litmus test to identify musical idiots

Originally Posted by PFB

Ringo may have been the weakest link of the Beatles, but that's like being the worst president on Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

Welcome to getting older

Comment

We said the same thing about you.
        We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

Generation Z. So called because 99% of them will be zombified in the coming Zombie Apocalypse.
          Last.fmgoodusername wrotemc100 is an utter **************** but completely correct

Comment

but it seems like these kids would rather have free time than work. WTF?

I'm way past any "upcoming" generations...but guilty as charged.

Comment

Welcome to getting older

I also noticed hair growing out of my left ear the other day. When do I get to buy a sports car and pickup younger women? Do I have to wait for the male pattern baldness? Or will a beer gut suffice?

Comment

Who wouldn't rather have free time than work?
                Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Who wouldn't rather have free time than work?

What I'm getting at is that when I entered the workforce, I remember wanting to make a good impression on my boss by working hard, working overtime to meet deadlines, wanting to advance my career, etc...These days it seems like they just expect it. Like we (as the boss now) should be grateful they decided to come work for us.

Comment

How old are you?
                    Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

That said I cannot stand animal cruelty, especially against friends of humanity. These include horses, dogs, chimps, and to a lesser extent dolphins.

Great band.

Originally Posted by sonik

little african girl machete gang victims

Everybody Hates Miserycast

Comment

Comment

Here's the rundown (and this stuff shifts here and there, so you might wikipediate something slightly different). These are demographics terms used for branding and long-winded "trends" articles. Take with a grain of salt --

Boomers -- born after WWII. Just now hitting their 60s/retiring. Did all that hippie stuff and new age business.

Gen Jones -- born in late '50s/early '60s. Too young for first-hand hippie crap. Instead identified with hippie culture but came of age in the 70s when everything went ****************ty. Obama = Joneser

X -- born in very late '60s through about '76/'77. Faced family split-ups, teevee for kids, breakfast cereals. Thought to be a bit conservative/reactionary.

Y (also Millenials) -- born from about '80-'92. First post-analogue folks. There's some who-ha about them being superoptimistic and tech-savvy. Kind of annoying. (Per the HR world because they keep thier parents involved in grownup life and are kind of demanding as employees. Think work should be fun.)

I'm an X/Y cusper who X-identifies. I was too young for a lot of the X things to affect me directly, but too old to identify with Y.

Please note that all old people think the "next generation" is evil because they are lazy/slack-tastic. That's just adolescence -- which is getting longer and longer because of our over-emphasis on "going away to school" to get an education. That said, I find Y types annoying because they (I'm generalizing) are perky and willfull and rely way too much on cellphones and ****************. Then again, I identify with the sardonic, skeptical Xers.

Comment

we've had a gen X and Y, so the next must be Z. Personally, I'm just gonna call them runts

Comment

Also, if you're 32 you're NOT Y. You're (depending on who you ask) a very late Xer or an X/Y cusp.

Comment

Generation WWW
                              http://www.kingsofthedrink.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X