Sooooo....how long till civil war II?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooooo....how long till civil war II?

My guess is under 2 years.

Like the another American civil war? What will the sides be?
    Originally Posted by Mercer

You are truly fantastic, RedYagiDY. Fans(****************in)tastic!

Comment

If there was ever another, it wouldn't be more than a week when people declared, "**************** this ****************."

Comment

yeah, like another American Civil War, exactly so. The idea hasn't crept into your head?

The sides are self explanatory.

Comment

I bet all of the Americans will get mad at all of the immigrants and go total redneck on them.
          Originally Posted by GnR102385

Now THIS is brilliance in action.

Originally Posted by dmn23

I ****************ing RAWK. Eat it, be-otch.

Originally Posted by Yngtchie Blacksteen

Oh, I am very much a lead guitarist, since I play almost nothing but solos.

Comment

If there was ever another, it wouldn't be more than a week when people declared, "**************** this ****************."

In what sense?

Comment

In what sense?

In the sense of those that actually took up arms probably only know war from John Wayne movies and video games and would get sick of it being waged so close to home pretty quickly.

Comment

In the sense of those that actually took up arms probably only know war from John Wayne movies and video games and would get sick of it being waged so close to home pretty quickly.

I think the older generation would be far more inclined to take the side of arms.

Comment

I think the older generation would be far more inclined to take the side of arms.

I'd have to agree. But even if it came to that, assuming the military was still under government control, I would think military intervention would end it very quickly.

Comment

Red States vs Blue States, right? Republicans and Democrats are splitting apart
                    Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky

Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

Comment

I'd have to agree. But even if it came to that, assuming the military was still under government control, I would think military intervention would end it very quickly.

Oh, absolutely!

But consider this-how long until the military realizes-"Hey, we're firing on our own people. This isn't right! Why should I?" I think those in the military are far more inclined to side with reversing the tide of our government rather then agreeing with it. Patriot means different things to different people. If one in the military joined to prove patriotism and freedom, don't you think they would side with those who fight against government and control? It's a complex issue, but I think that if push comes to shove, you'd have our military, not immediately, but quickly change to siding against tyranny against it's own people demanding change from this change.

Comment

Oh, absolutely!

But consider this-how long until the military realizes-"Hey, we're firing on our own people. This isn't right! Why should I?" I think those in the military are far more inclined to side with reversing the tide of our government rather then agreeing with it. Patriot means different things to different people. If one in the military joined to prove patriotism and freedom, don't you think they would side with those who fight against government and control? It's a complex issue, but I think that if push comes to shove, you'd have our military, not immediately, but quickly change to siding against tyranny against it's own people demanding change from this change.

Yep. That's what I was considering when I said if the military was still under governmental control. That gets into the psyche of the average soldier and I'm not familiar enough with that to really know what they'd do. I'd like to think they couldn't fire on "their own people," but who knows? That action may be what's needed to stop things quickly.

Comment

Red States vs Blue States, right? Republicans and Democrats are splitting apart

**************** the blue/red ****************, that's my point. We have a government telling us, for years "you live here-you are this, because you are represented by X, that is all". The democrat/republican is meaningless, though we are ment to believe it's split down the line and in black and white. It's not. We all have our own ideals regardless of what we vote for.

There are huge amounts of this country that believe that the direction we are headed in is vastly anti-American, and the lack of input by us, the people, as opposed to those that represent us, is outright wrong. Look at the health care, the bail out, etc etc. What say do we have in it? Where is our vote in the matter? When do we understand what is happening? We don't. It's a whirlwind of drastic change that we don't control. They tell us we do, we have a part, our say in it, but do we? No.

I'm not blaming Obama or anything, but the system. The system is done in my eyes. It's too far gone. Others may argue against that statement, and by all means, do so, but I think the power is just...grossly out of the citizens hands at this point.

Comment

There are huge amounts of this country that believe that the direction we are headed in is vastly anti-American, and the lack of input by us, the people, as opposed to those that represent us, is outright wrong. Look at the health care, the bail out, etc etc. What say do we have in it? Where is our vote in the matter? When do we understand what is happening? We don't. It's a whirlwind of drastic change that we don't control. They tell us we do, we have a part, our say in it, but do we? No.

I'm not blaming Obama or anything, but the system. The system is done in my eyes. It's too far gone. Others may argue against that statement, and by all means, do so, but I think the power is just...grossly out of the citizens hands at this point.

You seem to be of the opinion that it was ever different. You are wrong.
                            Originally Posted by The Master

Gun in one hand, wheel in other, cigar in mouth, one-liners ready.

Originally Posted by -todgemistro-

baron85 wins the thread

Originally Posted by mattburnside

The internet is a great big place. I'm sure there's a forum out there full of people who shoot straight and don't give a damn what you think, but who somehow feel free to get a massive case of butt-hurt if you dare to disagree with them.

Actually, it's probably a bunch of little forums. With one dude each.

My Music:
                            Myspace
                            Soundclick

Comment

What always makes me feel better about the current ****************ty political situation is reading about US history.

Comment

Working...
                              X