X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much respect in Saints land for Brett.

He is one tough bird.

Comment

John Elway was pretty tough.

It's hard to face the truth, but I suppose you yourself realize that if you'd had just a little more courage, just a little more strength of character, you could have been dead by now. No such luck.--P. J. O'Rourke--

Comment

Man, Favre did take a beating last night. I bet he is in the whirlpool and in a semi-conscious fog at this moment.
        Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
        -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Not a Brett Favre fan but, the guy can still play the game.....make no mistake....he's one tough S.O.B.!
          Martin D16RGT
          Washburn D10SCEB
          Ovation Celebrity GC 057M
          Applause AE 128
          Epiphone LP Std. Plus Top
          Guild Pilot Bass
          Squier VM Fretless Jazz Bass
          Frankensquier P-Bass
          Michael Kelly Dragonfly 4-string fretless A/E Bass

Comment

Don't dislike either team, but I've never been much of a Bronco's fan or much of a Vikings/Farve fan, but I think I'd take my chances with Farve being pissed at me and half drunk than Elway. I had so much respect for him in that Superbowl. Maybe not the way to play your fifth to eighth season, but when you want it, you do what you have to do and he REALLY wanted it and I'd like to think most of the rest of the country wanted it for him as well.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Much respect in Saints land for Brett.

He is one tough bird.

Comment

he had control of the ball the whole time.

The ball can come in contact with the ground as long as the receiver demonstrates possession. His hand and forearm were under the ball when it contacted the ground
                My Gear
                Schecter Corsair
                TelePartsCaster x3
                Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
                Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
                Vox VT15
                Fender SCXD
                Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
                Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
                Vox AC4C1 amp
                Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

Comment

He's a 72 year old Asian nympho grandmother...as long we can say anything we want about him.

Comment

Due to longevitiy he's probably one of the top three in modern NFL history behind Manning and Brady. Honestly, I don't really he's as great a QB as he's made out to be, but he's definitely good. I don't see how you can blame the refs for the Vikings losing when they turned the ball over 5-6 times, including two picks by Farve.

Comment

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Comment

Man, Favre did take a beating last night. I bet he is in the whirlpool and in a semi-conscious fog at this moment.

He's probably tucked safely away in the land of Happy McDemerol!

Comment

Due to longevitiy he's probably one of the top three in modern NFL history behind Manning and Brady. Honestly, I don't really he's as great a QB as he's made out to be, but he's definitely good. I don't see how you can blame the refs for the Vikings losing when they turned the ball over 5-6 times, including two picks by Farve.

I would apply your "he's not as great as he's made out to be..." comment to Brady more than I would to Favre. Brady is the product of a system and in the right place at the right time - and already appears that he might be on the decline.

No doubt Favre's longevity adds to his legacy, but anyone who can survive almost 20 years in the NFL with reasonably consistent success deserves to be put on a very high pedestal.

Yes, I am a Favre fanboy but I'm not sure I'd put him (modern day) top 3; top 5 for sure. IMO, Elway was easily the most complete package at QB ever. That is not to say the best modern day QB, although depending on what day you ask me I might give Elway that as well.

My top 3 in no particular order is Manning, Marino and Elway. Top 5 would round out with Montana and Favre.
                          My Gear
                          Schecter Corsair
                          TelePartsCaster x3
                          Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
                          Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
                          Vox VT15
                          Fender SCXD
                          Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
                          Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
                          Vox AC4C1 amp

Comment

I am a Favre fanboy...

Couldn't tell... oke:
                            Originally Posted by Expressway to yr Skull

Pair of Hipster Piss Flaps

Comment

Couldn't tell... oke:

No shame. I'm not a frontrunner. I've been on his bandwagon since ~'94. I was scarfing up his cards starting then on the Wall St flea markets. I used to tell the vendors he was the next Montana. They laughed. I've got quite a stack now.

Having said that am also a big Brees fan and I was torn the whole game especailly with Favre playing with the guts he did.

In the end I'm happy for Drew & co. Brett went down in a blaze of glory and left his heart on the field. Yes he made some mistakes last night and through his career but it's hard to trash a guy for trying too hard, always better than the alternative. You can't ask anything more of him. It's time he should go drive his tractor, play pickup ball in his Wranglers and spend time with his wife & daughters
                              My Gear
                              Schecter Corsair
                              TelePartsCaster x3
                              Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
                              Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
                              Vox VT15
                              Fender SCXD
                              Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
                              Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
                              Vox AC4C1 amp

Comment

I predicted Colts and Saints 2 months ago...
                                "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent" - Thomas Jefferson

"There are two types of people - those that come into a room and say, 'Well, here I am!' and those who come in and say, 'Ah, there you are.' - Frederick L Collins

"Stop googling your answers and think like a man" - WhiteOp

Comment

Working...
                                X