Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide on a looper

application is basically for at home jamming..........NOT live performance....

I can't decide if I should get the new Jamman stereo when it comes out or the RC-50, or if there is something else....

The available recoridng time on the jamman is attractive to me, but the ability to easily switch between 3 different loops on the RC-50 is also attractive.

I mostly play at home with my digitech RP-500 into a power amp into a 4x12 Marshall cabinet.....but sometimes play into my Zoom HD8CD into a pair of powered monitors............

The looper would be for convenience of laying down a progression and then improvising over it......playing along potentially to full backing tracks.....and creating some ambient trippy loops.........

I have so many times bought the "wrong" gear and I don't want to do that again.....I'm very happy with what I own right now and I want to get the correct looper the fist time.

Any thoughts ?????

I will sell you my RC-2 for a good price.
    Originally Posted by eloydrummerboy

Crab_Cake is right

Originally Posted by sonik

Age would probably be a factor. I imagine the elderly and very young being much easier to tear into.

Comment

I will sell you my Boomerang for an egregious price.

Comment

I love my JamMan.
        Originally Posted by Carl Sagan

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.

Comment

rc 50
          My Last FM
          My Youtube page
          BobNod # 11

Comment

I'd be on an Akai Headrush E2. I like simplicity.
            I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai:

Great little 30-second 48 khz 24-bit STEREO looper.

It does a lot more than looping too: forward, reverse, effects the loops, etc.

And:

Here's a track where I just keep building, building, building, building and building:

Comment

My DL-4 sucks as a looper
                Originally Posted by John Watt

I was on the receiving end of PoppyPoo when [he] "oh John"ed me, not once, but twice

Originally Posted by John Watt

PoppyPoo! You don't have to apologize to me. I got off on your response.

Originally Posted by Motorik

Now John Watt wants to bum you.

Comment

Great little 30-second 48 khz 24-bit STEREO looper.

It does a lot more than looping too: forward, reverse, effects the loops, etc.

This, I use one too.

Comment

What I like about the Hazarai is that it's pretty simple.
                    You can do a lot with it but it isn't so complex that it gets in the way of your musicality or ideas.

So at least give it a shot.

I still want an RC-50 but the problem with that one is that I couldn't figure it out without a manual when I tried it in a store.

The Hazarai I could figure out without a manual immediately.

Comment

Working...
                    X