No announcement yet.

Sore Fingertips/Callus Issues

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore Fingertips/Callus Issues

Hey everyone - I wanted to let the guitar community know of a new product out there called Rock-Tips Liquid Callus Builder. It's a non-toxic liquid that you brush onto your fingertips, and it creates this very thin and very tough shell over your fingertips. Works great - doesn't impede your feel for the strings either. Super easy to use.

Also for people who already have calluses, it works great for repairing them if they become damaged.

Check it out - www.Rock-Tips.com
    Rock-Tips Liquid Callus Builder
    www.Rock-Tips.com

Wrong bar, buddy.

Comment

Die in a car fire.

I always wanted to say that!
      Originally Posted by Tatanka

OK, so we can safely conclude, looking at the requested pic, that Mr. Bluesman is a God among men.

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

You are so ****************ing annoying I seriously should put you on ignore.

I'd like to be there when your house of jazz cards comes crashing down on you one of these days.

You give jazz and it's practicioners a bad name in the same way Richie Sambora gives love a bad name.

Originally Posted by Tony_Manero

Jazz guitar sounds like the way old people smell.

Comment

I appreciate your concern for the state of our fingers. In return, I recommend that you grease that ring.

Comment

I tried that stuff, it makes your fingers turn greenish. Annoying as hell... I would not recommend this product.
          MOTGLHC

Originally Posted by ChuckyB

Remember. When in doubt...GET AWESOME

NO MORE PRETZEL LOGIC POTHEAD PROPAGANDA
          JOIN THE UNION NOW

GEARZ:
          MiM Tele, Epiphone DOT
          Zvex Fuzz Factory, Korg DT10, Boss OS-2, Bigg Muff USA
          Matamp GT1, Fender Champion 600, Engl Thunder Reverb

Comment

I just fixed my fingertip with Krazy Glue.

(Really!)
            Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
            -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

How is it different from super glue?

Also, how is it better than practicing and building up authentic calluses? It doesn't really take that long.

Comment

Rock-Tips Liquid Callus Builder is for pussies.

Comment

GTFO

Comment

If the OP wasn't such a pussy with little girly hands he would just man it up,put his head down and soldier forward.
                    My Last FM
                    My Youtube page
                    BobNod # 11

Comment

I noticed this thread was started by someone with his first posting on Harmony Central.
                      That's an audatious and bodacious start for a new member.
                      I hope he stays here, because he'll start to learn more about being out there as a guitarist.

I find that using bondo and laquer, any automotive paint product, with my bare hands,
                      results in a tougher if discolored residue that makes my fingertips highway tough.
                      The real way I take care of my fingers lets me play guitar all day, soak in a hot tub, and keep playing.
                      Tough fingertips, not calloused at all. I'm in symphonic shape.

as always, John Watt

Comment

I noticed this thread was started by someone with his first posting on Harmony Central.
                        That's an audatious and bodacious start for a new member.
                        I hope he stays here, because he'll start to learn more about being out there as a guitarist.

I find that using bondo and laquer, any automotive paint product, with my bare hands,
                        results in a tougher if discolored residue that makes my fingertips highway tough.
                        The real way I take care of my fingers lets me play guitar all day, soak in a hot tub, and keep playing.
                        Tough fingertips, not calloused at all. I'm in symphonic shape.

as always, John Watt

He's spamming, and probably won't even come back to check on his thread.

I was a bodyman for years. It did nothing but dry my hands out.

The only way to keep your fingers in shape is to play your guitar.

Comment

Pfft. Real men just play, and the fingertips harden over time.

I played the Money for Nothing riff a lot yesterday. Today, I woke up and found a blister on my right hand thumb (rather fitting to the song!), and a sore index fingertip.

And I love it. It's all part of playing
                          -Ethan

Please click - Fender Starcaster reissue petition!

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

PRS is to guitarists what TGP is to internet users.

One VERY good deal with Powerglide350!

Comment

Maybe get a blister on your little finger, maybe get a blister on your thumb.

Originally Posted by Tatanka

OK, so we can safely conclude, looking at the requested pic, that Mr. Bluesman is a God among men.

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

You are so ****************ing annoying I seriously should put you on ignore.

I'd like to be there when your house of jazz cards comes crashing down on you one of these days.

You give jazz and it's practicioners a bad name in the same way Richie Sambora gives love a bad name.

Originally Posted by Tony_Manero

Jazz guitar sounds like the way old people smell.

Comment

When you play guitar mostly as I do, with bass strings on the bottom,
                              you're flopping your fingers over the neck without so much concentration on fingertips,
                              so maybe my callousness about your callouses can be seen as irrelevant.

What I have some slight problems with is keeping my fingernails trimmed exactly how I need them,
                              reaching over the fretboard to pull one, two or three strings down across the neck,
                              bending like a combo Jimi and Jeff Healey.
                              If my fingernails aren't the right depth, they get sore a little, maybe a little red.
                              I'm not sure, it's not that big a deal, or continuous play deal-breaker.
                              Banging my guitar on my hip as an added rhythm method, and sound generator,
                              makes me wonder how hippy I've become or how much of a hipster I am.
                              But that's okay. When I take off my belt so I don't get buckle wear, and my pants fall down in public,
                              which is the biggest part of my pubic presence onstage,
                              everyone else is always more than willing to observe and comment on what hipness is revealed.

as always, John Watt

Comment

Working...
                              X