No announcement yet.

Is Nuno Bettencourt the man?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Nuno Bettencourt the man?

For some reason I started watching old music videos of Extreme.. the only song I knew by them was More Than Words but some of this other **************** is pretty sweet..its a little bit 80s but for some reason I like Nuno's playing and I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed or not. Was he a big deal in the 80s?
    Guitar Dork, my Guitar Blog

There is a lot more to him than the hair metal ****************. I wouldn't give the guy a chance until sometime in the 90's when he put out a solo cd that i got for a buck at Record Surplus in L.A. It's the one with him looking like Monroe on the cover. I would buy stuff there and sell it for more at Penny Lane records in Venice. I put it on and was surprised at how good the actual songs were and his singing. It's not flash but solid. I have seen the stuff on You Tube of him with Extreme and the guy is a mother ****************er when it comes to chops. I just wish he did the project with Perry Farrell. That would have been a really good match up.
    Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

the tune "naked" by extreme is wicked..except for the gay lyrics that is..
      "I make dough, but don't call me dough boy"

Comment

He is a man....I think

Comment

He definitely is.

Comment

Comment

He is one of those guitarists who actually knows how to use technique properly and his solos are always beautiful.

Comment

And now he's playing with Rhianna, so that's even better.
                Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Extreme is a great band and Nuno is a hell of a guitarist.

I just recently watched a live show of theirs from 2008 on some HD channel, and they were as tight as ever. Gary's voice sounded pretty spot on too.

Comment

I really liked them after they changed drummers.

Comment

IIRC, Nuno did all of the production work on their albums. He was a studio magician as well as musician.
                      .:Keep on Rockin' in the Free World:.

My music

Comment

I just wish he did the project with Perry Farrell. That would have been a really good match up.

He did the recording, but didn't tour. There's some good guitar playing on the album.

Nuno's a talented guy, but I don't care for the songs on Extreme's first two albums. I hear their later ones are better, but I've never heard them.
                        Originally Posted by rusholmeruffian

If hating Glenn Frey is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Originally Posted by Motorik

By saying 'mojo sent' the forumite switches the Christian connotations of 'you're in my prayers' for a different belief paradigm, that of 'mojo': the magical force that compels big-bellied white men to play blues covers while wearing bowling shirts with flames up them, or tribal dragons, or some such ****************.

Comment

IIRC, Nuno did all of the production work on their albums. He was a studio magician as well as musician.

Agreed - his musicianship on III Sides To Every Story in particular is pretty mindblowing
                          Female fronted pop rock - Project 64

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Jim Henson lived with his parents, didn't he?

Originally Posted by mattburnside

I think you may have picked one of very few career paths where being a manchild is an asset.

Comment

He did the recording, but didn't tour. There's some good guitar playing on the album.

Nuno's a talented guy, but I don't care for the songs on Extreme's first two albums. I hear their later ones are better, but I've never heard them.

The third one "Three Sides..." is pretty epic as far as that stuff goes. There's still one or two songs where the lyrics are . I mean, I can withstand cheesy love lyrics better than almost all of you, but cheesy child-like nonsense lyrics like the first album's "Play With Me" or the third album's "Warheads" just suck.
                            Originally Posted by rhino55

I think lonechicken is the one that always says dont stick your dick in the crazy more than once. Thats good advice.

Originally Posted by Gaindrain

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Comment

The third one "Three Sides..." is pretty epic as far as that stuff goes. There's still one or two songs where the lyrics are . I mean, I can withstand cheesy love lyrics better than almost all of you, but cheesy child-like nonsense lyrics like the first album's "Play With Me" or the third album's "Warheads" just suck.

I like the silliness of these songs.

Comment

Working...
                              X