No announcement yet.

Underrated Drummer's

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underrated Drummer's

I think Bill Ward of Black Sabbath has never really gotten his due.
    You never hear people crediting him on the amazing power that Sabbath's music had.

Listen to some classic Sabbath, take note of Bill's extremely tasty chops.

AND, He's much better than Vinnie Appice.
    forged a million years ago
    Black Blade.

Originally Posted by Bro Blue

Tell her it's her fault for going down in the basement before you could get her surprise remodel done.

Then cunnilingus.

Make her a sandwich.

Don't know about underrated, but one who's criminally overlooked is Barrie Barlow (70s Tull).

One of the most creative rock drummers there ever was, and he'd occasionally do some pretty impossible stuff.
    Originally Posted by tiger roach

NORWEGIAN motherf**ker DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Comment

Underrated drummer's what?
      My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

Underrated drummer's what?

exactly what i was thinking
        If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

Bill Ward was fantastic, except for Iron Man. He overdrums on that song like he's ****************ing Keith Moon and I don't like listening to Keith Moon being ****************ed.
          Originally Posted by Motorik

If I were a boxer my walk-in music would be 'Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me?"

Originally Posted by vikingrat

America because we have more dead people on Mt Everest and we have Lake Tahoe which the native Asians believed to be the mouth way to hell. Also Blackmore, Malmsteen, Page, Hackett, Howe, Fripp etc were all born in America. Futhurmore the best bands to come out of the British Invasion wre Americans. We also have fat homeless people.

Comment

Dave Lombardo, currently with Slayer, comes to mind. Sean Kinney from AIC is also very underrated.

Comment

Brendan Canty of Fugazi. Never seems to get mentioned but I love all the drumming in Fugazi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJFWirQ3ks
              Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

Dave Lombardo, currently with Slayer, comes to mind. Sean Kinney from AIC is also very underrated.

Yeah... I was going to mention Sean Kinney. His groove really helps set the vibe for the way the band sounds.

Steven Adler on Appetite might be another guy who was underrated. Once GNR fired him the bands sound really changed. Adler had a great natural feel, I always found Sorum more clinical.
                http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

Neil Peart

oh wait...
                  The new kid friendly mother approved LR

Comment

Dave Lombardo, currently with Slayer, comes to mind.

Now that's a first.
                    Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
                    Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

Steven Adler on Appetite might be another guy who was underrated. Once GNR fired him the bands sound really changed. Adler had a great natural feel, I always found Sorum more clinical.

It's easy to **************** on him for his personal issues, but I agree with this. Adler brought a loose, ballsy kind of groove to GNR that worked. The band wasn't quite the same without that feel. Sorum was arguably a better drummer but he's pretty dull.
                      Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
                      Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

Chris "Crow" Smith, formerly with The Flat Duo Jets

Jimmy Lester - Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks, also Los Straitjackets

Comment

Bill Kreutzmann.
                          Originally Posted by danuniversal

So, you give more importance to a few minutes of sex than to hours of delight coexisting with her, watching her, dreaming with her, playing with her, loving her...

Comment

John Bonham. oke:

Comment

Phill Rudd from AC/DC. No flash at all, but you could set your watch to that guy. Just a solid, straight up rock and roll drummer that is in his perfect fit for the band he is in.

Comment

Working...
                              X