Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who is officially a Ghost fan now?

It's really funny, in a matter of a week I went from "what the hell is this evil pope metal band and why does Motorik go on so about them" to being a total fan. I thought this might be one of those bands one kind of likes as a novelty for a little while, but as I continue to listen rather than a feeling of novelty fading, it's a deepening respect for the songcraft that I feel.

Here they are live:

My favorite album track:

Also good:

Despite the urgings of our dark lord of the leprechauns, I've not been converted...yet.
    Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Motorik got me into "Ritual" and I got the album a while back. It's great. Catchy tunes and melodic guitar solo's with plenty of ..and I love the BOC style harmonies and hooks. I'm a fan.
      Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
      http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
      http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

Whoa, this rules.

Comment

I'm analyzing. things are looking good, though. I just have to stop thinking of it as Stoner/Doom.
          Originally Posted by Motorik

If I were a boxer my walk-in music would be 'Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me?"

Originally Posted by vikingrat

America because we have more dead people on Mt Everest and we have Lake Tahoe which the native Asians believed to be the mouth way to hell. Also Blackmore, Malmsteen, Page, Hackett, Howe, Fripp etc were all born in America. Futhurmore the best bands to come out of the British Invasion wre Americans. We also have fat homeless people.

Comment

Ghost are my music obsession at the moment!

It's really weird, I went through the same curve that you're going through. The first time I heard them my reaction was 'I don't know exactly how I feel about this' but I had to give them another go. I posted that reaction at the time about them, but that very night I sat down and learned the lead parts from 'Ritual' because I couldn't get the song out of my head.

It didn't take long for them to win me over, and now I absolutely love them. I'm not a huge metal fan -- a bit more so than Actionsquid, I think I'm right in saying though -- but Ghost have simply terrific songcraft regardless of genre considerations.

I'd recommend anyone who likes good songwriting and who isn't put off by Satanic lyrics to give them a try. Some people compare them to Mercyful Fate, some people compare them to Blue Oyster Cult, I've even read reviews where their melodies have been compared to ABBA. Regardless, Opus Eponymous is a terrific album in my eyes, and I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing them live in April.
            Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

I'm analyzing. things are looking good, though. I just have to stop thinking of it as Stoner/Doom.

Don't think of it as stoner/doom. That's all you have to do.
              Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

No US dates posted, and they look like they're getting pretty booked up for next year.

Comment

It's really funny, in a matter of a week I went from "what the hell is this evil pope metal band and why does Motorik go on so about them" to being a total fan. I thought this might be one of those bands one kind of likes as a novelty for a little while, but as I continue to listen rather than a feeling of novelty fading, it's a deepening respect for the songcraft that I feel.

They're like Turbonegro in that respect. Most people see a picture of them and say "WTF is this fag alice cooper village people ****************?" and never look back, but if you give them 10 minutes, you'll be knocked out by their songcraft.
                  Originally Posted by Motorik

If I were a boxer my walk-in music would be 'Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me?"

America because we have more dead people on Mt Everest and we have Lake Tahoe which the native Asians believed to be the mouth way to hell. Also Blackmore, Malmsteen, Page, Hackett, Howe, Fripp etc were all born in America. Futhurmore the best bands to come out of the British Invasion wre Americans. We also have fat homeless people.

Comment

I don't really like the singing much, it's a bit weak.
                    Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

I just can't get over the chuggity metal guitars. Hmm...
                      Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

I don't really like the singing much, it's a bit weak.

Listen to "Elizabeth" in it's entirety and see if it doesn't win you over.

Comment

To me, it sounds like Duran Duran meets Metallica.

I'm not sure yet.

Comment

Listen to "Elizabeth" in it's entirety and see if it doesn't win you over.

That's what I've just had on. It's not that the singing is bad, I just think his voice sounds a bit boring
                            Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

Listening to both, I much prefer the studio version of Ritual than the posted live version.
                              http://www.last.fm/user/pinkfreudHC

Comment

Working...
                              X