I saw "The King's Speech" yesterday.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw "The King's Speech" yesterday.

Great flick

Colin Firth does a fantastic portrayal of a stammering Prince Albert of York's reluctant transition into King George VI. Has anyone else seen this?

I really want to see it, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.
    Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

I really want to see it, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Yeah, my only criticism would be that it took little while to get the story rolling. The second half of the movie is great though, definite oscar-winning material.

Comment

I want to see this. But I don't know when I will get to. Probably not until it is out on DVD
        The North remembers...

Comment

I hear its quite good but barely addresses the vitriol between him and his brother
          HCGJ Hyperbolic Race Traitor of the Year 2008

Originally Posted by Captain Scully

wayne vinson was sitting in seat 18c crying like a bitch.

i had to carry that softy out under my arm. if times got desperate he was going to be our raft.

he was wanting to store a bogner shiva in the coat closet. i later ate my lunch off that overpriced piece of **************** while i was sitting on the tail fin waiting for the rescue boats.

Originally Posted by mattoverb

omg I just noticed this thread has a vampire.

Comment

I hear its quite good but barely addresses the vitriol between him and his brother

To be fair, that really isn't what the movie is about
            The North remembers...

Comment

I realize that but as far as a basic understanding of that era is concerned, the elder brothers constant ridiculing lead to an increase in his speech disorder. The relationship was something that was never truly repaired and played very much into his psychology during that period
              HCGJ Hyperbolic Race Traitor of the Year 2008

Originally Posted by Captain Scully

wayne vinson was sitting in seat 18c crying like a bitch.

i had to carry that softy out under my arm. if times got desperate he was going to be our raft.

he was wanting to store a bogner shiva in the coat closet. i later ate my lunch off that overpriced piece of **************** while i was sitting on the tail fin waiting for the rescue boats.

Originally Posted by mattoverb

omg I just noticed this thread has a vampire.

Comment

Are there robots slugging it out with one another? 'Cuz if there's not, I'll wait for the DVD.

Comment

Saw it today and I agree. Good, solid movie. Geoffrey Rush was the more interesting of the roles for me.

Comment

I realize that but as far as a basic understanding of that era is concerned, the elder brothers constant ridiculing lead to an increase in his speech disorder. The relationship was something that was never truly repaired and played very much into his psychology during that period

They do address that in the film, actually. And quite sufficiently given the plot IMO

Comment

I'll probably wait for it to appear on Sky movies or something, looks good but a bit too boring to sit in the cinema for
                      Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

Helena Bonham Carter = automatic A/B grade
                        Geoffrey Rush = automatic A/B grade
                        Add even passable writing and it's gotta be decent.
                        Originally Posted by axuality
                        What does the quality of Harvard have to do with this? You don't want to make the common mistake of Liberalism by thinking that education makes one smarter.

Comment

Working...
                        X