Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans of Slash and live albums rejoice!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of Slash and live albums rejoice!

Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) "homecoming" gig on July 24 at the Victoria Hall in the British town of Stoke-On-Trent, where he was raised until he was five, was filmed for a DVD and Blu-ray release, "Made In Stoke - 24/7/11", due on November 15 via Eagle Vision.

Slash's setlist was as follows:

01. Been There Lately (SLASH'S SNAKEPIT song)
    02. Nightrain (GUNS N' ROSES song)
    03. Ghost
    04. Mean Bone (SLASH'S SNAKEPIT song)
    05. Back From Cali
    06. Rocket Queen (GUNS N' ROSES song)
    07. Civil War (GUNS N' ROSES song)
    08. Nothing To Say
    09. Promise
    10. Starlight
    11. Doctor Alibi (with Todd Kerns on vocals)
    12. Speed Parade (SLASH'S SNAKEPIT song)
    13. Watch This
    14. Beggars & Hangers-On (SLASH'S SNAKEPIT song)
    15. Patience (GUNS N' ROSES song)
    16. Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme
    17. Sweet Child O' Mine (GUNS N' ROSES song)
    18. Slither (VELVET REVOLVER song)

Encore:

19. By The Sword
    20. Mr. Brownstone (GUNS N' ROSES song)
    21. Paradise City (GUNS N' ROSES song)

Check out the cover artwork below.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time and for some reason it just never seemed possible," said Slash.

"One of the things about doing the solo record and setting up my own tour was that I told the powers-that-be that I wanted to play in places I'd never played before. And so Stoke was something that was high on my list and I told them just make it happen."

Slash, whose real name is Saul Hudson, left Stoke-on-Trent when he was five years old. But he said he still had "vivid memories" of the city.

"I have memories that I went to school there, of the basic neighbourhood that I lived in. I remember exactly what the house looked like. Just everything in general, for some reason my memory is really clear. Better than my memory of later years."

The Stoke-on-Trent concert sold out in less than two hours after tickets went on sale on May 6.

Over 1,500 fans attended the show, which marked Slash's first-ever concert in his hometown.

David Bradbury, Group Press Officer of the Ambassador Theatre Group, told StaffsLive, "We always knew the gig was going to be popular and the fact that the gig sold out in less than two hours is brilliant.

"Slash is a local hero, he's from Stoke-on-Trent and not a lot of people know that. I think he lived here until he was 11 so this is a bit of a homecoming gig."

Slash stated after the concert: "Stoke was a [****************in'] blast!! Great vibe and energy. It's going to make a killer DVD. We'll be back next year definitely!"

Although ALTER BRIDGE vocalist Myles Kennedy sang just two tracks on Slash's self-titled solo debut, Slash recently confirmed that Myles will sing everything on the guitarist's next solo effort.

In an interview with The Pulse Of Radio, Kennedy said about the fact that Slash would like him to handle the lead vocals on the guitarist's next CD, "It's very flattering. I think there's kind of a cool thing we got going. We really enjoy working with each other."

Slash's debut disc came out last year and featured a different singer on each track, including Chris Cornell, Ozzy Osbourne, M. Shadows and others.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162942

Also saw Palladia had excerpts of a gig they played in Melbourne, Australia. Only a 30 minute show, but it was pretty cool.

I didn't pick up the studio album, but this sounds like it might be worth checking out. Myles Kennedy does a pretty good job.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Stoke is an utter ****************hole.
    Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

Stoke is an utter ****************hole.

Yes, yes it is. I think they still have a BNP councillor too. Outstanding. Last I read, he was crying about halal meat

Sorry for the derail yerblues
      Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
      http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
      http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

Yes, yes it is. I think they still have a BNP councillor too. Outstanding. Last I read, he was crying about halal meat

Sorry for the derail yerblues

Another slight derail.... I can sort of see where you guys who grew up with Schenker feel about all his different bands. When I was getting into music GNR were kind of in limbo and Slash quit right around that time. Since then he's a had a number of solo bands... two Snakepit albums and his first touring band was different for the first album was different than the studio band. Before this latest band there was Velvet Revolver. The latest band with Myles Kennedy is also the first one he is playing a lot of the classic Guns stuff (Nightrain, Civil War, Paradise City, Jungle, etc).

I only listened to the new album once or twice when it was streaming on Amazon and didn't pick it up. But, from the live thing on Palladia and live stuff on youtube his playing as definitely improved. That's good to see.

Comment

This should be a great concert DVD, I'm hoping it will be released on Bluray in the US, I can only find the Bluray on Amazon UK not US.

Comment

If you guys could watch me right now you would see my nose about to grow three inches. That's not cool because i already have a huge nose but **************** it.

I can't wait for this!!!!! Slash is the reason i play guitar and i love EVERYTHING he ever did!!!!!!!! This is going to be awesome. I hope he tours with John Mayer!! That would be uber awesome with a cherry on top!!!!!!!!!
            Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Who's singing? Several of the songs require powerful vocals and without the right singer will sound like ****************.
              "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

Who's singing? Several of the songs require powerful vocals and without the right singer will sound like ****************.

Did you read it?

Comment

Did you read it?
                  John F Kennedy. That's going to be cool.

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Thats funny... maybe in ****************ing first grade.

Comment

Lamest Post Ever:

[ ] #6
                      [ ] #9

Comment

Number 9.

Comment

Yeah thats going to awesome!!!
                          Guitars:
                          94 U.S.A Peavey Predator
                          Epiphone 60's Les Paul Tribute Standard
                          Amps:
                          Vox Pathfinder 15r
                          Vox Valvetronix Ad100vt
                          Peavey 5150 II w/ Crate Blue Voodoo cab w/ Vintage 30's
                          Pedals: Skb Pedalboard
                          Fender PT-100
                          Crybaby Original Wah
                          Ibanez TS-9
                          Joyo Vintage Phase
                          Joyo Octave/Fuzz
                          MXR Micro Chorus
                          TC Electronic Flashback
                          MXR EVH-117 Flanger
                          Joyo 6-Band EQ
                          Member of the Squire Army + 5150 CREW

Comment

Did you read it?

It actually didn't say in the article, but I am assuming it is Myles Kennedy. He does about a good job on the material as anyone possibly can. He does a good job on the GNR stuff.

Comment

It actually didn't say in the article, but I am assuming it is Myles Kennedy. He does about a good job on the material as anyone possibly can. He does a good job on the GNR stuff.

It says third line from the bottom he's gonna use him for everything, right?

I'd like to hear him on the GNR stuff. I really like that song Starlight he sings on.

Comment

Working...
                              X