No announcement yet.

I'm reading the Eric Clapton Autobiography

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm reading the Eric Clapton Autobiography

He banged a lot of chicks, stole George Harrison's wife, became addicted to heroin, and recorded a lot of lame music that a zillion people spent money on. That means somethin'.
    Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Did he mention his nazi period?
    Fast, clean and cheap.

Comment

He we ****************ing go. Ten pages of Clapton sucks and can't play guitar etc etc.
      Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vikingrat
        View Post

He we ****************ing go. Ten pages of Clapton sucks and can't play guitar etc etc.

yea....i'm sick and tired of the EC slams. clearly those folks have never checked out what he's been doing on acoustic and jazz boxes.
        "If I would have known I was gonna hafta play this song for the rest of my life.........
        I woulda wrote a better song "
        member Mazi Bee Militia
        Talk Box Brigade
        Gretsch Guards
        Geezer Brigade #291

Comment

White room rules my face clean off.

Did come across as a cvnt in the book though.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vikingrat
            View Post

WAAA?? I thought I read somewhere that Clapton is God?? But then they didn't call him Slowhand for nothing...(whatever that means?)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mav64
              View Post

WAAA?? I thought I read somewhere that Clapton is God?? But then they didn't call him Slowhand for nothing...(whatever that means?)

When he would change a broken string.
              Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

why are you reading boring **************** like the Crapton bio. haven't we all heard his story at least five times ?
                My Last FM
                My Youtube page
                BobNod # 11

Comment

Did he name his poo after a famous movie? Did he? DID HE?
                  I liked you better as your previous alt. Now you're just a giant walking vagina filled with sand and yeast.

Comment

I appreciate EC, and read that same book about 2 years ago. From what I remember, he lead a tumultous life.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MuyLoCo444
                      View Post

I appreciate EC, and read that same book about 2 years ago. From what I remember, he lead a tumultous life.

and that would an understatement.

what happened to his son, Conner, would KILL most dads.

so what does EC do? goes out and writes and records "Tears In Heaven" (after a while)

just listening to that song makes me misty.....i could NEVER sing that song, if i were he.
                      "If I would have known I was gonna hafta play this song for the rest of my life.........
                      I woulda wrote a better song "
                      member Mazi Bee Militia
                      Talk Box Brigade
                      Gretsch Guards
                      Geezer Brigade #291

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MuyLoCo444
                        View Post

He's been through some hellish **************** but he's a little dumb and blessed/lucky at the same time. Do you remember that bit about the fat black mailer chick?

Comment

If Clappo was 25 today, he'd be a trend hopping hipster clotheshorse. He had a good run, but he's a bit dim.
                          Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Navigator
                            View Post

If Clappo was 25 today, he'd be a trend hopping hipster clotheshorse. He had a good run, but he's a bit dim.

He's got a new album out with Wynton Marsalis. Do the Soft Boys have an album out with Wynton Marsalis? Huh?! Huh?! No comment?! I thought so.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
                              View Post

He's got a new album out with Wynton Marsalis. Do the Soft Boys have an album out with Wynton Marsalis? Huh?! Huh?! No comment?! I thought so.

The Soft Boys have been broken up a long time. I don't think Robyn Hitchcock has anything super new out. His last record had John Paul Jones and Peter Buck on it.
                              Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Working...
                              X