Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bands you love/loved that you really disliked live

Godspeed You Black Emperor!- Truly ****************ing boring.
    Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Deep Purple. I saw Ian solo and it was awesome but they were just boring live.
    Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

JJ Cale - it was just him and a guy playing minimalist percussion. Slow n' sleepy. It was a weeknight and I had trouble staying awake.
      Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
      -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Milli Vanilli. Those guys lied to me.
        "You ill mannered sack of ****************e."

Kylie Minogue

Comment

Snow Patrol, I really liked their first album, but I've seen them live on a couple of festivals and they were ****************e.

Also, I like some of the Arctic Monkey's stuff, but the few times I've seen them live they were ****************ing horrible, all over the place, high as kites, and out of tune, out of rythm and sounding like ****************.

Both of them are not my absolute favourite bands though, I just expected them to be better...
          MOTGLHC

Originally Posted by ChuckyB

Remember. When in doubt...GET AWESOME

NO MORE PRETZEL LOGIC POTHEAD PROPAGANDA
          JOIN THE UNION NOW

GEARZ:
          MiM Tele, Epiphone DOT
          Zvex Fuzz Factory, Korg DT10, Boss OS-2, Bigg Muff USA
          Matamp GT1, Fender Champion 600, Engl Thunder Reverb

Comment

I saw Aerosmith and GnR live at an outdoor venue when I was like 18. It was one of my first concerts and I remember being pretty disappointed at the vocals of both bands compared to the albums.

Yeah, I was a closeted idiot back then. Still working on that.
            New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

Katatonia were pretty boring live.

Jefferson Starship were crap, and the worst band I've ever seen live was Dillinger Escape Plan. Truly awful....

Comment

So much rage.
                Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

I used to like GnR at one time, until I saw them live on that Use Your Illusion tour. By far the worst live band I've ever seen (excluding ****************ty local bar bands obviously).
                  Originally Posted by tiger roach

NORWEGIAN motherf**ker DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Comment

Oneohtrix Point Never - Guy, cardtable, laptop, picture of a sword from Legend of Zelda or something
                    Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

That said I cannot stand animal cruelty, especially against friends of humanity. These include horses, dogs, chimps, and to a lesser extent dolphins.

Great band.

Originally Posted by sonik

little african girl machete gang victims

Everybody Hates Miserycast

Comment

I used to like GnR at one time, until I saw them live on that Use Your Illusion tour. By far the worst live band I've ever seen (excluding ****************ty local bar bands obviously).

Oh, it wasn't just me?! Phew.
                      New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

Montrose
                        www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Montrose
                          Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Then you have terrible tastes. If you did not like them live, you can not enjoy real music.
                            My very psychedelic music:
                            Full Moon in the Haze
                            «Pequeña MelodÃ****a para Luisa 1»
                            «Vals Prescindible»
                            «Vals Imprescindible»
                            «Vanessa Cardui»
                            «Suave Luna Azul»
                            Free-Chat.biz The best website to chat freely with people around the world!
                            «...y conoceréis la verdad, y la verdad os hará libres...»

Comment

I've seen Metallica twice. The first time was in 1988, I think... maybe 1989. Queensryche opened... Queensryche was running about 90% of perfect and Metallica was VERY NOT on. Out of tune guitars, mostly Kirk. Overall cohesion was basically just not there at all.

Couple years later saw Faith No More, Metallica and Guns N Roses. Faith No More kicked ass, but the sound wasn't very good. Metallica absolutely KILLED... One of my favorite concerts performances EVER and Axl made is wait 2 hours (maybe less... seemed like FOREVER) before GnR took the stage then the little bitch bitched about getting out of this podunk country state yadda yadda... when they actually performed, they weren't horrible and Slash pretty much rocked, but Metallica was about 10 times better than GnR was.
                              Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Working...
                              X