Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought in Mexico you'd say "Me ching
    Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

A friend of mine from inland SoCal (Moreno Valley--grungy spillover from Riverside) spent two years living in Colombia. When he came back and started speaking Spanish with his Mexican buddies he was shocked at how slangy and almost incomprehensible the Spanish of ordinary Mexicans and Mexican-Americans is, compared with even the lowest slumdweller in Bogota. There's way more pre-Columbian slang and much rougher enunciation in Mexican dialects than Andean ones, apparently.

I have a friend from Spain who was here in the US last year, and watching her speak Spanish with Mexicans for the first time was pretty hilarious.
      The North remembers...

Comment

I thought in Mexico you'd say "Me ching
        My very psychedelic music:
        Full Moon in the Haze
        «Pequeña MelodÃ****a para Luisa 1»
        «Vals Prescindible»
        «Vals Imprescindible»
        «Vanessa Cardui»
        «Suave Luna Azul»
        Free-Chat.biz The best website to chat freely with people around the world!
        «...y conoceréis la verdad, y la verdad os hará libres...»

Comment

A friend of mine from inland SoCal (Moreno Valley--grungy spillover from Riverside) spent two years living in Colombia. When he came back and started speaking Spanish with his Mexican buddies he was shocked at how slangy and almost incomprehensible the Spanish of ordinary Mexicans and Mexican-Americans is, compared with even the lowest slumdweller in Bogota. There's way more pre-Columbian slang and much rougher enunciation in Mexican dialects than Andean ones, apparently.

I have listened to the Mexican immigrants in U.S.A., and the sons of immigrants, and their usage of Spanish language is horrible, and very different to the usage in M
          Full Moon in the Haze
          «Vals Prescindible»
          «Vals Imprescindible»
          «Vanessa Cardui»
          «Suave Luna Azul»

Comment

So, I think that if they say that it is very hard to understand the Spanish speakers from other country, they are exaggerating and joking, or they are stupid and they can not understand their own language.

I find it difficult to believe that there would be less regional variation in accent and vocabulary in Spanish than English, but then again the Spanish-speaking countries didn't experience nearly the same level of migration from non-Hispanophone countries (Argentina and perhaps Chile excepted) that the former English colonies did from non-Anglophone countries.
            Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

BIBLIOTECA DE QUESO!
              Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

??????????
                Originally Posted by kmacc45

I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
                Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.

Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

**************** the lot of you.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

Comment

I laughed so hard my wife got scared.

Comment

I find it difficult to believe that there would be less regional variation in accent and vocabulary in Spanish than English, but then again the Spanish-speaking countries didn't experience nearly the same level of migration from non-Hispanophone countries (Argentina and perhaps Chile excepted) that the former English colonies did from non-Anglophone countries.

Actually the Spanish people were the immigrants and they were more extended and did not make a super extermination like the English, so they had some influence from the native language of the land conquered.

You are right, actually the difference in accent in very notorious when you compare Spanish speakers from the north with south american Spanish speakers, specially countries like Argentina, they have an horrible accent. But even considering this and the fact that they sometimes have horrible usage of Spanish language, what they say is not impossible to understand neither to answer, it is actually very easy to understand them and interpret their mistaken Spanish.
                    Full Moon in the Haze
                    «Vals Prescindible»
                    «Vals Imprescindible»
                    «Vanessa Cardui»
                    «Suave Luna Azul»

Comment

Actually the Spanish people were the immigrants and they were more extended and did not make a super extermination like the English, so they had some influence from the native language of the land conquered.

You are right, actually the difference in accent in very notorious when you compare Spanish speakers from the north with south american Spanish speakers, specially countries like Argentina, they have an horrible accent. But even considering this and the fact that they sometimes have horrible usage of Spanish language, what they say is not impossible to understand neither to answer, it is actually very easy to understand them and interpret their mistaken Spanish.

I've always heard that Mexico has the most horrible Spanish accent.
                      The North remembers...

Comment

Solo la gente grosera y mal educada hablar
                        Count of the Holy Roman Empire, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Brazen Crown, Perpetual Arch-Master of the Rosicrucian Masons of Mesopotamia; Attached (in Honorary Capacities) to Societies Musical, Societies Medical, Societies Philosophical, and Societies General Benevolent, throughout Europe; etc.. etc... etc...

Ubi nihil vales, ibi nihil velis

Big Feckin' Eejit Formerly Known as Jacopo_Belbo

Comment

You a funny mofo, dude...
                          Count of the Holy Roman Empire, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Brazen Crown, Perpetual Arch-Master of the Rosicrucian Masons of Mesopotamia; Attached (in Honorary Capacities) to Societies Musical, Societies Medical, Societies Philosophical, and Societies General Benevolent, throughout Europe; etc.. etc... etc...

Ubi nihil vales, ibi nihil velis

Big Feckin' Eejit Formerly Known as Jacopo_Belbo

Comment

Por cierto, alguna vez has ido a Espa

Comment

Working...
                              X