Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with people you don't want to talk to?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-social.
    Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

chloroform and a clean rag.
      Originally Posted by kmacc45

I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
      Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.

Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

**************** the lot of you.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

Comment

I stare unblinking into their eyes, not moving or speaking, until they go away.
        DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

Anti-social.

Not really... it's a life mooch.
          http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

Did somebody say something?

Comment

We have a term for it actually, it's "Rockstaring" someone. It's when you just don't answer your phone. I'll usually follow up with a text a few hours later saying I missed their call/text.
              Originally Posted by The Master

You are God.

Originally Posted by tiltsta

I believe in bassdave.

Comment

Try to come off as a lunatic or crazy. That tactic seems to yield good results.

You may just dodge their meaningless babble with a simple and crazy sentence or statement. For instance ,"Hold on a sec bro! I have to go and recount the bristles on my toothbrush for the 15th time today!".

People tend to stray pretty far away whenever you act a bit crazy like that. It has been proven to work and damn near guarantees success

ALSO:
                Before the homeless people have a chance to ask you for a dollar. Beat them to it and ask them for one first. It works.
                For behold, the Kingdom of God is within you.
                suck it,

Comment

I genuinely am too busy. I only have a limited amount of time for hanging out so I make sure that it's spent hanging out with people who I want to hang out with.

Comment

I genuinely am too busy. I only have a limited amount of time for hanging out so I make sure that it's spent hanging out with people who I want to hang out with.

That's pretty much it. But, do you tell someone lower on your hanging out pole that they are so low?
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

no one I don't like has my phone number

Comment

That's pretty much it. But, do you tell someone lower on your hanging out pole that they are so low?

you don't have to tell them, you 'vote with your feet', or whatever analogous phrase applies. if you're always too busy to hang out with these people, they're eventually gonna stop asking you to hang out.

Comment

I'm usually pretty accommodating. If I'm busy, I'll say so. But if I've got some free time (this is pretty rare), I'll usually play along.

pretty much the same. work pretty much everyday and my girlfriend is a huge timesink so i get 2-3 nights after 8pm and an occasional sunday afternoon off. i used to live wtih my closest friends in a 10 bed house so it was easy to hang out but they've splintered off so i have to put in a lot more effort to hang out. even if i just feel like playing video games i feel obligated if someone asks me (i've played 3 hours of arkham city since i bought it around thanksgiving).

main point is that even though i want a day off i feel obligated to hang out with my friends because i rarely have time to see them.
                          Originally Posted by RupertB

The Gear Page: Because SIIHP isn't always the right answer.

Comment

Like this:

Comment

I don't have too many people like that in my life. There's a couple of guys in the local scene who'll talk my ear off when I bump into them, but none of them have my phone number. Some of my close friends don't have my phone number.

I'm a special education teacher, so I'm professionally prepared to handle people with limited social skills. I am able to respond to their whinging routine in a way that is respectful but is also not rewarding, so that they don't try it on me again.
                              Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

no one I don't like has my phone number

This
                                Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
                                http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
                                http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

Working...
                                X