• Show
Clear All

• GPOTD - 3.13.12

Manufacturer: Yamaha
    Model: AEX 1500
    Case: Original Hard
    Color: Sunburst
    Condition: Near Mint
    Description: Top of the line AEX series with Floating Johnny Smith type pickup with a Piezo pickup too! Gorgeous wood used and the design was in conjunction with famous Jazz musician Martin Taylor. Body is 15 1/2 wide with a slim fast neck and jumbo frets . Adjustable Ebony bridge with Bone insert for Piezo, on-board 3 band EQ with blend.

$1499
    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Pretty, but not my thing. I've got no chops for a jazzbox.
    www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Yumalicious.

I don't have the chops for that kind of guitar either... if I did though the price seems reasonable!
      Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
      -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I like it, but I would feel like a douchebag playing it, since I can't really play....
        HCGB #289
        God FAQ

http://www.soundclick.com/g33k

Comment

Looks nice, I
          "Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
          - Robert Fripp

Comment

That's so conservative, it thinks Pat Buchanan is a Communist.
            Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

I would never use the piezo pickup, but it looks like a nice enough archtop.
              Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Nah. Not for me.
                Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

Cool guitar, I like the inclusion of a piezo, and it looks like it can be blended with the magnetic pick-up as well.

Comment

Meh
                    DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

I love it but there are a couple of things I don't like.

I can't imagine the piezo sounding anywhere near as good as the magnetic pickup. If you're going to blend it with the magnetic pickup, you might as well just label the blend knob "suck level".

It doesn't look like the saddle is compensated. On a $1500 guitar, that is ridiculous.

Comment

First impression? I like that quite a bit, and yet I'd have just about zero practical use for it.

Comment

I can dig it!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/christondre

...the tone sounded like the back of my ass on taco tuesday.

Originally Posted by Flamencology

When life gives you lemons, disrespect them with tongs.

Last edited by Dimetapp drinke; Today at 04:28 PM. Reason: Because vikingrat and gtrwiz, among other notables such as dmn23 and noisebloom, take ROCK and ROLL seriously!

Comment

Me likey.
                            Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X