Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know of Kirk Hammett's reputation as a "bad" soloist but...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know of Kirk Hammett's reputation as a "bad" soloist but...

I don't know any Metallica and I don't have the time to delve into it.

Please cue me in on his worst solos so I can forge my own opinion...
    PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Indépendantiste Québecois
    Athée intégriste

He's not a bad soloist. His best work is on Shortest Straw. I just don't care for much of there stuff after AJFA.
    Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

I don't want the best, I want the worst!
      PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Indépendantiste Québecois
      Athée intégriste

Comment

I don't know that it's terrible playing, but the wah on "Enter Sandman" (and I hope I've got the right song picked out) shows poor taste.
        Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Yeah, it's the second part of the solo, around 2:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJKuygePHk&feature=related

Sorry I didn't imbed it, but I don't know if that works with a "related" link...

I'll also add that some of the Kirk hate has got to come from his very effeminate mannerisms and the strong undercurrent of homophobia in the metal world.
          Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Sorry I didn't imbed it, but I don't know if that works with a "related" link...

I'll also add that some of the Kirk hate has got to come from his very effeminate mannerisms and the strong undercurrent of homophobia in the metal world.

It does:

Also, that is the type of solo one plays the first day they get a wah pedal

Comment

!!!!!!!! Kirk is a DUDE??????????? Ewwwwwwwww!

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

I like the solo work.

Also, that is the type of solo one plays the first day they get a wah pedal
                "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

I've never had a problem with him. What he does fits the band. Somebody like Alex Skolnick in that band just wouldn't be the same.
                  Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

I wish I would have written the solo for Enter Sandman. Hell I'd love to be able to take credit for writing anything they've played over the past 30 years.

Comment

I know some homosexuals and I don't hate them. I won't be caught out alone with them in a social setting and I can't stand to be around them when they get on the dick hunt. Sorry, but the times I've witness that, it's just really pissed me off and it's not cool at all.
                      "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

I think generally Kirk has worst moments live, I think thats what most people refer to.
                        My gear thread:
                        http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196

www.myspace.com/zedthez
                        www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
                        www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
                        www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
                        webcast of ZED:
                        http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

Comment

I know some homosexuals and I don't hate them. I won't be caught out alone with them in a social setting and I can't stand to be around them when they get on the dick hunt. Sorry, but the times I've witness that, it's just really pissed me off and it's not cool at all.
                          Even if Henry Rollins, David Lee Roth or Danzig was on a man hunt safari? Who doesn't like a safari??!!!!! Dude, the hats look cool as hell!!! Ted Nugent wears safari hats!

Comment

I think generally Kirk has worst moments live, I think thats what most people refer to.
                            It's her tiny girl fingers. They just can't hold up in a live situation.

Comment

the solo in this ****************ing rules. there's some harmony pretty **************** first, but check it starts @ 4:49

DIG THAT ****************IN 6TH NOTE!
                              Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I love you.

Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I STILL love you!

Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh

I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!

Official Traverser Reverbnation
                              Youtube
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X