Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like this guitar and is it worth $480?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like.
    DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

Thread reminds me I almost bought a really sweet DeArmond Starfire for cheap and didn't.

Comment

Yes and yes. Strange, I shouldn't like it, but I do.
        Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
        http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
        http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

Thread reminds me I almost bought a really sweet DeArmond Starfire for cheap and didn't.

He's got a Polara (SG copy) up for $280...
          www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Yes and yes.
            Good Deals with: Brim & hemispheres

Comment

Bowling ball finish + bigsby. Non-starter for me.

This. But it's a beautiful guitar. For someone else.
              Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

I love the finish on that.

Whether it's worth $480, I have no idea...but the price certainly isn't outrageous.

Provided it played well, sounded good, and didn't have any serious issues waiting in the wings? I'd give it a go.

Comment

Sure.
                  Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
                  Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

I liket. Looks perdy cool.

Comment

I like all set neck DeArmonds, and I don't think it's worth $480, they went for $300 or so when they were being closed out. The pickups are excellent. I don't like Bigsbys but obviously that won't be an issue for anyone considering buying this.
                      Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or www.thedextercast.com. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.

Comment

yes and yes. bigtime.
                        It's hard to face the truth, but I suppose you yourself realize that if you'd had just a little more courage, just a little more strength of character, you could have been dead by now. No such luck.--P. J. O'Rourke--

Comment

I like 'em. I play a DeArmond Starfire Special, and I nearly bought an M75T when they were being blown out. I'd like one in the champagne finish.

In this finish, yes, yes. Although I'd prefer getting the Starfire Special over the M75T.

Comment

I dig the blue. Price should be around $350.
                            "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

no, yes.
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Totally awesome, I love sparkle/metalflakes.

I'm just such a damn stickler when it comes to cheapo outs like that terrible plastic inlay and the like.

I wish some import manufacturer would understand that there are lots of folks into the rockabilly/weird guitars who want nicer details like ebony and real pearl. They'd kill, but they don't seem to want to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X