Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like this guitar and is it worth $480?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like this guitar and is it worth $480?

1999 DeArmond M-75T Bluesbird Copy, (front), (back), (headstock), (case). Bang for the buck winner for anyone lusting after a Bluesbird, for around 1/3 the price. At the time, these were some of the best Korean imports made and they're quality control was clearly well above other brands. After Guild was purchased by Fender in the mid '90s, they set about reissuing some classic Guild electrics, opting to set up shop in Korea under the DeArmond name, which Fender also owned the rights to. Models included the Starfire, Bluesbird, Polara, and Pilot Bass Series. The headstock logo said DeArmond, with a truss rod cover reading "By Guild", but they were dead-on copies of the original Guild models. The DeArmond brand was discontinued by 2002, with web rumors, as usual, that their sales were cutting into sales of the expensive Guild brand. The same lore has been spread with many other guitars and I highly doubt that someone who shells out $2000 for a Guild, would be swayed by a $700 import. I think it's more likely that they became victim to the onslaught of Chinese guitars which were proliferating the market and manufacture in Korea just couldn't compete at the same price point and while the M-75T was much cheaper than a Bluesbird, it was pricey for an import. The M-75T features a solid mahogany body with set-in Mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, 22 jumbo frets, dual USA DeArmond 2K single coil pickups, dual volume and tone controls with a 3-way switch, block inlays, Guild style "hump" headstock, 24 3/4" scale, DeArmond Bigsby-style tremolo, tuneomatic bridge, raised black pickguard, chrome dome knobs with "D" logo caps, and Teal Sparkle finish. The DeArmond single coils sound great, very chimey, clear, and strong and the DeArmond Bigsby tremolo stays in tune wonderfully. Set up with very low action, this guitar plays with the ease of its more expensive big brother The M-75T shared the top of DeArmond's price list at $1000 in '01 and is an excellent value today at $479 including a *quality* DeArmond hardshell case that's a few pounds heavier than most of the cases sold today.
    www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Bowling ball finish + bigsby. Non-starter for me.
    Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
    -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I'll go ahead and weigh in. Yes and yes.
      www.kingsofthedrink.com

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Comment

I think it looks pretty sweet

Comment

I'm not crazy about the finish, but I like the features. And while I've only played one (a long time ago, different model) I've heard good stuff about DeArmonds. It's probably worth that if its got what you're after.

Comment

Yes. I love blue guitars.
            Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Great deal. I'd love to give it a shot. That finish wouldn't be my first choice though.

Comment

I'd dress up like Richard Hawley or ChuckyB and play that until my fingers bled. I might even take up smoking just so I could look appropriate while doing so.
                Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

I like 'em. I play a DeArmond Starfire Special, and I nearly bought an M75T when they were being blown out. I'd like one in the champagne finish.

Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

I actually really like that finish. But I like the blue, too.
                    www.kingsofthedrink.com

Comment

Yes and yes. I love my DeArmond.
                      Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

That said I cannot stand animal cruelty, especially against friends of humanity. These include horses, dogs, chimps, and to a lesser extent dolphins.

Great band.

Originally Posted by sonik

little african girl machete gang victims

Everybody Hates Miserycast

Comment

I'd rock the pee-winding **************** out of that thing.
                        CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

Kind of OT but i thought for sure Fender would bring back the electric guild line when Soundgarden got back together. They didn't.
                          Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

seems high $$ to me.
                            $350-400 range...JMO

i guess the supply/demand rule chumpy applies here
                            check out my stuff http://youtu.be/Buya2j06WwURead your Bible, son. Genesis 6:6, Isiah 55:8, John 14:6

Comment

Not really.
                              Probably.
                              My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X