Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Kids" and Bon Iver

I have had IRL confirmation from a real-life "kid" that he and his college peers are way into Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, assorted beardcore. And dubstep. I owe Night Dreamer a Coke.
    Do not write me for reasons of sass

I want to do some tunes that the young people will enjoy. That's why I'm calling this album "Frank Sings Tunes the Young People Will Enjoy".
    We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

I want to do some tunes that the young people will enjoy. That's why I'm calling this album "Frank Sings Tunes the Young People Will Enjoy".

Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

One day, they too will be driven to a boiling anger as soon as they hear his anguished falsetto. They're just going through a phase.
        Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

beardcore...awesome.
          You added another useless post...who could ask for more? - BMAL
          I actually just realised what a dumb thread this is - bassaussie
          What a stupid thread. - bassaussie
          Tall Girl was everything a HCBF thread should be. - ivanthetrble
          Take care of yourself...and each other. - jerry springer

you have brave ballz of cast iron to fight the trog forces of haTE. - boy#152

and after you're finished, you say-
          Ooh, what a lovely teaparty

Comment

Dubstep, pfft.

That **************** is for people who think they are "edgy" but would never be able to handle listening to an entire Venetian Snares album in one go.
            http://www.last.fm/user/pinkfreudHC

Comment

Hmmm. This thread has got me a-pondering. How old do ones children have to be before one can't find out what "The Kids" are into by asking them? I think I might be close.

Comment

What about LMFAO? 'Everyday I'm shuffling', and all that ****************e?
                Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

Welcome to Dullsville.
                  Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

I've been thinking about that as well. I don't know about "kids" in general, but I have a pretty good handle on what kids in middle school are listening to, and it ain't Bon Iver. It's LMFAO and Katy Perry. And while I don't love LMFAO and Katy Perry, at least I can understand the appeal. Bon Iver reverby beardcore just mystifies me.
                    Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

One day, they too will be driven to a boiling anger as soon as they hear his anguished falsetto. They're just going through a phase.

I already said it in another Bon Iver thread.....the kids today have nothing to call their own and somehow they have come to the conclusion that bonnier is the one. Maybe Bonover is truly rock and roll though i mean Rock has long ago stopped being a generational divider...the parents listen to what the kids listen to and vice versa. maybe Bon Iver is truly the savior of Rock and Roll
                      My Last FM
                      My Youtube page
                      BobNod # 11

Comment

Based on my not-entirely-pleasant trip to a local "party as a verb" watering hole, this stuff is popular amongst drunk 30-50-somethings. The particular kid with whom I interacted was a serious fella, so I'm guessing "no" for him.

I also met some kids the other day who were big into Guitar Jam Rock (i.e., GNR, AC/DC, Van Halen).

Comment

beardcore...awesome.
                          I wonder whose job it is to sit around and think of all these derogatory names for music genres.

Comment

I wonder whose job it is to sit around and think of all these derogatory names for music genres.

It's my job. Duh. Are you new here?

Comment

It's my job. Duh. Are you new here?

Hmm...story checks out!
                              Originally Posted by kmacc45

I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
                              Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.

Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

**************** the lot of you.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X