Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Iron Maiden lose you if you ever were a fan?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated "No Prayer For The Dying" but loved everything from Brave New World and after. Don't have "Fear of the Dark" or anything with the other guy(Blaze ?), but needless to say, everything from their debut to Seventh Son was great.

Comment

I stopped listening after SSoaSS. Everything before that is great. I'm still fan.

Comment

I would have to give credit to them as the only group to have recorded a perfect album with "Somewhere in Time". It's perfection.

Comment

I'm a fan for life. They've released stuff I'm not into, but I'm not going to ditch them because of that. They're still releasing above-average material, stuff well worth listening to.

Comment

Fan for life. All their phases have something good to offer, IMO.

I can even get into Virtual XI and The X Factor.

I haven't really listened to anything after Brave New World though, I should get on that.
            Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

Fan for life. All their phases have something good to offer, IMO.

I can even get into Virtual XI and The X Factor.

I haven't really listened to anything after Brave New World though, I should get on that.
              BNW along with the first two are the only ones i can listen to at the moment. I tried SSOASS last night and made it through three songs.
              Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

I think Seventh Son is a great album. It just could've been better....if you're gonna do a concept album, do a concept album, don't half-ass it.

Still, it has excellent songs on it. Debut album-thru Seventh Son was a good run

I've often said that there just can't be any other band that from their debut album had a run that good. Barely a bad song on their first 7.
                Originally Posted by tiger roach

NORWEGIAN motherf**ker DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Comment

The only other I can think of is LZ. Black Sabbath came close

Comment

The only other I can think of is LZ. Black Sabbath came close

As fairly neutral when it comes to LZ, relatively close but not quite there. The first 2 are great, while the following albums do have quite a few fillers. Imo, of course.

Comment

Fair enough. I was a bit of a latecomer to LZ and didn't really get into them until into my 20s

Comment

Fair enough. I was a bit of a latecomer to LZ and didn't really get into them until into my 20s

Of course, their fillers would be quite good songs for most bands.

I still think Maiden was more consistent up to and including Seventh Son though - one thing that could have something to do with it is having more songwriters in the band. Apart from Nicko, all of them chipped in with writing.

Comment

"Somewhwere in time" is were they lost me

The first 5 records were great, and the first 6 if you count "Live after death"
                          Mesa Boogie MK III
                          Marshall DSL 50
                          JCA 20H
                          ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                          Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
                          Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
                          Fender HM Strat
                          Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

"Powerslave" ruined it for me.

Comment

"Powerslave" ruined it for me.

really? That was the first one I ever heard and still my favorite...
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/christondre

...the tone sounded like the back of my ass on taco tuesday.

Originally Posted by Flamencology

When life gives you lemons, disrespect them with tongs.

Last edited by Dimetapp drinke; Today at 04:28 PM. Reason: Because vikingrat and gtrwiz, among other notables such as dmn23 and noisebloom, take ROCK and ROLL seriously!

Comment

The 90's.
                                SUPER EVIL INDUSTRIES
                                SUPER EVIL FORUMS
                                Facebook ~ sonik777@hotmail.com
                                "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I have the gift of musical tolerance.

Comment

Working...
                                X