No announcement yet.

Pretty cool look inside the Fender factory

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool look inside the Fender factory

Beware, you can tell it's a flip cam, little disorienting.

Notice anything about the workers?

There they same color they always have been?
    Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Lol, maybe so, but I was kinda surprised by the total lack of diversity until you see the custom shop or final assembly.

Comment

Lol, maybe so, but I was kinda surprised by the total lack of diversity until you see the custom shop or final assembly.
        I would kill to work there. I'm done working in and around the music bizz but i would love to work there before i become a lifer at In And Out.

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

I would kill to work there. I'm done working in and around the music bizz but i would love to work there before i become a lifer at In And Out.

at least you have something to fall back on!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/christondre

...the tone sounded like the back of my ass on taco tuesday.

Originally Posted by Flamencology

When life gives you lemons, disrespect them with tongs.

Last edited by Dimetapp drinke; Today at 04:28 PM. Reason: Because vikingrat and gtrwiz, among other notables such as dmn23 and noisebloom, take ROCK and ROLL seriously!

Comment

The ~1960 Fender factory tour video that was going around a few months back showed a roughly 50/50 Anglo/Latino split in the workforce, IIRC.
            Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

I do dig those Dave Murray strats...

Last edited by Dimetapp drinke; Today at 04:28 PM. Reason: Because vikingrat and gtrwiz, among other notables such as dmn23 and noisebloom, take ROCK and ROLL seriously!

Comment

Well hell, it's Corona CA. Ever been there? I understand cultural diversity well enough both here and down there, and no, it's not all that far from Mexico.

I'm just surprised that the workforce for, as far as I saw, is mostly Mexican American. And by mostly I mean almost entirely.

Comment

Well hell, it's Corona CA. Ever been there? I understand cultural diversity well enough both here and down there, and no, it's not all that far from Mexico.

I'm just surprised that the workforce for, as far as I saw, is mostly Mexican American. And by mostly I mean almost entirely.
                  +1. I'm going to go burn all my Fenders now including the one i named Freddy.

Comment

The ~1960 Fender factory tour video that was going around a few months back showed a roughly 50/50 Anglo/Latino split in the workforce, IIRC.
                    The white people made ones are the ones that Stevie Ray Vaughn really loved to play his white people version of black people music on. I once knew a stupid Korean bitch at Santa Monica College that really did think that white's were the main populace of the planet. No bull****************. Airhead to the max and i will bet she has a job that pays more than me.

Comment

pretty much this. I was offered an endorsement with Bad Cat so I spent a day out there, I was the only white folk I saw all day.

Comment

I must comment however, that I looked up Corona factory tour on youtube because I just bought my first MIA strat which "should" be arriving this week(eff you ebay seller, sure, take a week after I pay for it to send it from NY you prick!) and I was curious. I'm surprised however how much actual labor is involved. I expected the bodies and necks to be shot out of a CNC machine with next to no human labor or fine tuning. I'm a little scarred of the lady with the fret press though. A neck done in 30 seconds? Yikes.

Comment

I must comment however, that I looked up Corona factory tour on youtube because I just bought my first MIA strat which "should" be arriving this week(eff you ebay seller, sure, take a week after I pay for it to send it from NY you prick!) and I was curious. I'm surprised however how much actual labor is involved. I expected the bodies and necks to be shot out of a CNC machine with next to no human labor or fine tuning. I'm a little scarred of the lady with the fret press though. A neck done in 30 seconds? Yikes.

I remember reading a thread on TGP about MIA vs MIM and someone chimed in with 'Made in America by Mexicans vs Made in Mexico by Mexicans". Thread/

Comment

I've heard that before. How did it'd go...Made in China, made by Chinese, Made in Mexico, made by Mexicans, made in America, made by Mexicans, made in Japan, made by Americans.

You know, if they do their job and work well, who gives a **************** really? I was just struck by the lack of diversity from what I saw in the factory, and sure, maybe i'm assuming too much based on looks, I was just expecting different for whatever reason.

Comment

I've heard that before. How did it'd go...Made in China, made by Chinese, Made in Mexico, made by Mexicans, made in America, made by Mexicans, made in Japan, made by Americans.

You know, if they do their job and work well, who gives a **************** really? I was just struck by the lack of diversity from what I saw in the factory, and sure, maybe i'm assuming too much based on looks, I was just expecting different for whatever reason.

I'm with ya, a good guitar is a good guitar, I don't care who makes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X