Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are today's GJ threads really not as impressive as ones in the past?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are today's GJ threads really not as impressive as ones in the past?

The cultural impact just isn't the same.
    Pontificating the memories

Comment

Most threads are just repeats of topics we've already done.

Part of the problem with hanging around here so long I guess.
      SUPER EVIL INDUSTRIES
      SUPER EVIL FORUMS
      Facebook ~ sonik777@hotmail.com
      "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I have the gift of musical tolerance.

Comment

The improvisation and interplay used to be of a higher standard. Nowadays, there's a lot of +1 and auto tune stuff.

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
        http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
        http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

The improvisation and interplay used to be of a higher standard. Nowadays, there's a lot of +1 and auto tune stuff.

So you're saying this forum went from Zappa to Skrillex? I could +1 that
          http://www.last.fm/user/pinkfreudHC

Comment

Totally. I remember some crazy, crazy meltdowns back in the day. This place needs more villains, or even a whole darkside of misogynistic shredders with offensive opinions that the rest of us can battle against.
            Originally Posted by rhino55

hi.flyer is to banjo as gennation is to fat whores

Comment

There seems to be less frothing at the mouth and more "I ain't even mad" sardonic one-linerism.

Comment

Totally. I remember some crazy, crazy meltdowns back in the day. This place needs more villains, or even a whole darkside of misogynistic shredders with offensive opinions that the rest of us can battle against.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forumdisplay.php?28-Amps
                Originally Posted by Scepter

BTW FACK YOU CRAB!!!! You wouldn't know a hot piece of ass if it sat on your face and gave you third degree burns, reatard.

Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

I like V-neck undershirts on guys.

Comment

Actually, today's GJ threads are of a higher caliber than they've ever been. The GJ crew has been whittled down to a crack team of ironic pontificators on subjects ranging from cookware to anal bleaching. GJ of the past was just a lot of people getting mad over divergent opinions - a slightly less stooped and hairy version of today's HCEG.
                  DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

There's nowhere to go creatively after "doin' students." We should have just broken up after that.
                    We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

Actually, today's GJ threads are of a higher caliber than they've ever been. The GJ crew has been whittled down to a crack team of ironic pontificators on subjects ranging from cookware to anal bleaching. GJ of the past was just a lot of people getting mad over divergent opinions - a slightly less stooped and hairy version of today's HCEG.

This. We're all like chess grandmasters now, we have all the opening gambits and possible moves memorised.

The old days had a lot of amateurs leading with their chin, losing their ****************, and flailing around incompetently. They've all been knocked out of the competition.
                      Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

+1

**************** THIS FORUM

Last.fmgoodusername wrotemc100 is an utter **************** but completely correct

Comment

This. We're all like chess grandmasters now, we have all the opening gambits and possible moves memorised.

The old days had a lot of amateurs leading with their chin, losing their ****************, and flailing around incompetently. They've all been knocked out of the competition.

I agree. People now know the rules and the standard operating procedures. If you really wanna start something, you gotta be on yr game.
                          Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

It also makes it pretty tough for n00bs to join and stick around for any length of time.
                            SUPER EVIL INDUSTRIES
                            SUPER EVIL FORUMS
                            Facebook ~ sonik777@hotmail.com
                            "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

I have the gift of musical tolerance.

Comment

Although, if you guys really want to participate in outright shenanigans you should venture into HCPP and play with the crazies. It can be great fun
                              http://www.last.fm/user/pinkfreudHC

Comment

Working...
                              X