Hey Brits, Does This Ring True?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Brits, Does This Ring True?

"The Ugly Brutishness of Modern Britain

A demotic egalitariansim, allied with multiculturalism, has rendered civility pass
    SUPER EVIL INDUSTRIES
    SUPER EVIL FORUMS
    Facebook ~ sonik777@hotmail.com
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I have the gift of musical tolerance.

I was reading that thinking 'this is like something Theodore Dalyrymple would write'. I check the link, lo! and behold, I was right.

I think one need only look to the riots of last Summer to see that much of what he says is accurate.
    Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

I think the behaviour of Bankers , Politicians and Police have kind of given people the feeling that they can do what they like. Manners are at an all time low imo.
      Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
      http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
      http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

Some of it rings true. I'm convinced there's been a coarsening of society in many respects. The levels of public drunkeness and anti-social behaviour have risen I'm sure. On the other hand there's more tolerance in other respects - less racism (I think) and poofery is much more widely accepted (again, I think).
        "You ill mannered sack of ****************e."

Kylie Minogue

Comment

You all could move to the states. If you get your paperwork expedited, you could be here in time for the 2012 Gathering of the Juggalos!
          Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

A demotic egalitariansim (sic)

The high point of demotic egalitarianism - the fifties up to the wave of bourgeois post Marxism a decade later, is pretty much synonymous with Anglo good manners.

The recoarsening (historically - at least according to the quill-wielding arm of the ruling classes - we've been notoriously violent, drunken and loutish) of British manners is correlated with the reassertion of a striated caste society and the tactical championing of an sub-political underclass in the (invariably reactionary) name of liberalism.
            Fast, clean and cheap.

Comment

It all depends on your 'class'. Middle class people plod on id say as before. The 'chavs' certainly can be aggressive and intimidating.

I remeber a couple of years ago in Hull, my hometown, withdrawing some money from a cash machine. Some dickhead came up behind me and said 'give us a fiver mate'. He was trying to intimidate me to give him money. It was basically a mugging, but for not much money.

I was ready for violence and told him to '**************** off'. He now looked doubtful so I carried on, 'Get your own money out' I said. He stared at me and said 'your a copper arnt you'? to which I replied 'maybe'.

He then walked off. If there had been two or more of them, which there usually are, I would have been in trouble.

The sad thing is that these cowardly dickheads are everywhere.
              'Mama, just nearly killed a man, put a gun against his head, changed my mind and went to bed'.

Comment

causality fail
                If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

It was always thus. The Victorian myth of Gentlepersons and cheery working class raggamuffins was always a Dickensian fantasy.

Nobody does rude like the Brits.
                  Last.fmgoodusername wrotemc100 is an utter **************** but completely correct

Comment

It was always thus. The Victorian myth of Gentlepersons and cheery working class raggamuffins was always a Dickensian fantasy.

Nobody does rude like the Brits.

I don't think the Victorians had any illusions about working class ragamuffins, even Dickens.

Comment

I don't think the Victorians had any illusions about working class ragamuffins, even Dickens.

Those daft Bronte birds then
                      Last.fmgoodusername wrotemc100 is an utter **************** but completely correct

Comment

Those daft Bronte birds then

Who are you thinking of, Heathcliff?

Comment

More the whole atmosphere of geniality and working class subservience that the writer in the OP seems surprised to find doesn't represent Britain in the 21st century.

We have always been a nation(s) of Gin soaked, violent, arseholes

Comment

I think what pmc means is that Dickens liked muffins.
                            'Mama, just nearly killed a man, put a gun against his head, changed my mind and went to bed'.

Comment

I blame Thatcher-era snotty punks.
                              I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.
                              -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)

Comment

Working...
                              X