Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many years did it take you to pay your student loan(s)?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years did it take you to pay your student loan(s)?

I'm just wondering about this from a Canadian perspective.
    Originally Posted by Scepter

BTW FACK YOU CRAB!!!! You wouldn't know a hot piece of ass if it sat on your face and gave you third degree burns, reatard.

Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

I like V-neck undershirts on guys.

I'm a USer, but it took me 3-4 years.
    Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

I was lucky enough to not have any student loans. I lived at home and went to a local state university for undergrad, and in state tuition was cheap enough that a good factory job over the summer and working as a security guard at night could pay for it all. Grad school for my MS, doctorate, and post doctoral training were free, as I taught college courses to fulfill the tuition requirements.

Comment

Still not paid it back. well, I only finished uni 2 years ago. Here it's automatically been deducted from your wages depending on what you earn. So I don't actively do anything
        If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

US resident here, and it took me 10 years to pay off my student loans.
          It figures you wouldn't get it. "A Season in Hell" was a head of it's time. -Jimmy James

Good deals with: Adam Poland

Comment

0 years. Got through undergrad on scholarship and my parents' commitment to higher education. Paid my own way through my MA program b/c I stayed with my full-time job.
            Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Can't remember for sure, maybe 5 years.
              Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
              -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Less than 5, but I was financed for 10. I was at my friends two days ago and he was still paying on his wife's (she doesn't work) 12 years later.
                Here's my gear:
                Amps
                Engl SE EL34; Engl Powerball V1; Marshall JCM 800 2204 Cameron Aldrich Mod;Mesa Triaxis V2.0;Mesa 50/50 Power amp;Carvin Legacy Head;Lee Jackson XLA 1000;ADA MP1, Mesa and Marshall Cabs
                Guitars
                Guild x170;Ibanez Universe;Ibanez Usa Custom;Ibanez prestige 2020x;Ibanez RG760;Fender USA B-Bender Tele;Kramer Focus 3000;Ovation Legend;Alverez 12 string;Fender J Bass Fretless

Comment

I racked up about 10 grand in loans in grad school. Took less than three years to pay it off. I was making the regular payments for a couple years, but then, after we got married, my wife and I made that our first priority before we started saving for a house.
                  My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

About 10 years. I did 3 years of just interest as I was severely underemployed. $15K post graduate

Comment

~5 or 6 years, I think.

Comment

USA guy here. It took about 3 years (starting 17 years ago) to pay off around 30 grand.

Comment

No loans for undergrad. No loans for grad school. 10 years to pay off one aborted year of law school. I just should've finished the thing... (All of this was late '80s early '90s).
                          What lasts is what you start with - C Bukowski

Comment

Yes, we'll be paying off my wife's law school debt for another 20 years or so, but it's a small monthly payment with a crazy good interest rate, so if we see any significant inflation in the next decade we might even come out ahead...
                            Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Didn't have any loans. Between scholarships, my awesome parents and living at home and going to a state school it was all taken care of.

One interesting note, my first semester was fall 02' and it cost about $900 for a full load (4 class or 12 credits. By the time I graduated in 07' (shut up I was in no hurry ) the tuition had at least doubled if not more. Parking fees had gone from $40 to over $120.

So glad I got out when I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X