Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle Fire vs. Nook Tablet?

Anyone here have either of these devices? My dad is thinking of getting my mom one for her birthday and doesn't know which to go with. I have a Kindle Touch myself, but that is a completely different beast; my mom wants something that she can play games on. From what I can find online, they seem to be pretty similar, except that the 16GB Nook has a performance edge over the Fire, plus you can expand storage.

So what do you all think? What is the best choice here?
    Guitars: 3 Partscasters (SSS, SSH, and Tele), Gibson SG Special Faded (heavily modified), Fender Classic Player Thinline Telecaster
    Effects: RMC4 Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Dunlop BoG Fuzzface, EHX Soul Food, BYOC TS-808, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, MXR Phase 90, Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay, TC Hall of Fame Reverb
    Amps: Silverface Champ, Blues Junior with BillM mods

If 2man was here he'd almost certainly say, "Get an iPad or go home!"

Of those two I like the Kindle better.
    Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
    -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

iPads are really nice, but they're not in the running: WAY too expensive.
      Guitars: 3 Partscasters (SSS, SSH, and Tele), Gibson SG Special Faded (heavily modified), Fender Classic Player Thinline Telecaster
      Effects: RMC4 Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Dunlop BoG Fuzzface, EHX Soul Food, BYOC TS-808, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, MXR Phase 90, Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay, TC Hall of Fame Reverb
      Amps: Silverface Champ, Blues Junior with BillM mods

Comment

I'm only saying Kindle because I have one...it is in almost constant use as an eReader, internet device, and gamer...if she's looking for an extended list of available books there are supposed to be a lot more for the nook, but otherwise the kindle would be my choice...

Comment

Wife loves her Kindle Fire.
          Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Kindle Fire.I have given 2 as gifts and both girls love 'em.
            There's nothing to see here.Move along.

Comment

I'm happy with my Kindle, but Microsoft just sunk a bunch of money into Nook and that's hard to ignore. Not that it will necessarily increase the product quality (Microsoft and mobile devices are like ice cream and gravy), but the product will at least have legs.
              CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

The Nook is better hardware (screen, performance, design), the Kindle offers better services, at least as far as being able to purchase and download movies and music directly to the device. Older people seem to like Nooks, maybe because they can get person to person support at the store.

Comment

I have a Kindle Fire. I like it. Out of the box it's somewhat limited, but once you learn how to sideload apps it becomes very cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X