Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Debbie Harry appreciation thread

Man, she was gorgeous.

"Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
    - Robert Fripp

I heard a story one time where she was playing in CBGB's in NYC back when they were starting out. Her boyfriend was the guitar player in the band. Anyway, the way that bar's stage was set up, there was a bathroom door that opened right next to the stage. Anyway her boyfriend decides he wants to bang her in that bathroom. So while they are going at it someone opens the door and the audience gets a sex show for a while before she figures it out. I played there a few times in the late 1980's and the stage was still set up the same way.
    Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

A beauty of few peers.
      The North remembers...

Comment

My wife and I rode in an elevator with her when we lived in NYC. She was very pleasant. My wife commented that she was a big fan of her music and she seemed happy to see some fans.

Comment

the last thing i got of hers was actually her guesting with a group called "groove thing". the song was "command and obey". it was the best song on the cd, but i've lost it. if you look it up on youtube now for whatever reason it's speed up to a rediculous beat that ruins it.
          start where you are,
          use what you have,
          do what you can. arthur ashe

Comment

She didnt get those lips by suckin pineapples.
            Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
            Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

I heard a story one time where she was playing in CBGB's in NYC back when they were starting out. Her boyfriend was the guitar player in the band. Anyway, the way that bar's stage was set up, there was a bathroom door that opened right next to the stage. Anyway her boyfriend decides he wants to bang her in that bathroom. So while they are going at it someone opens the door and the audience gets a sex show for a while before she figures it out. I played there a few times in the late 1980's and the stage was still set up the same way.

The bathrooms at CBGBS were behind the stage and you had to walk through the "green room" to get to them, I had always heard legendary things about that club but it was one of the ****************tiest music clubs I've ever been too and I've been to a lot of ****************ty clubs. The mens room in that dump always had at least an inch of standing water on the floor mixed with who knows what else.

Comment

Type 4C Sexkitten. Would.
                Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

She was pretty hot yeah.

Electric: Gibson LP Classic, Fender Marauder, Vintage V100, Vintage AV6PAcoustic: Yamaha APX500

Comment

Always pissed me off when people used to compare Gwen Stefani to her......no comparison in looks, talent, or ****************ability. Debbie Harry is one of the most beautiful women to ever walk the planet.
                    My gear:
                    AXL Badwater SRO Pro
                    2001 Brawley Threat LTD
                    Warmoth Superstrat
                    JB Player neck-thru project currently in progress

Yamaha THR10

Comment

The bathrooms at CBGBS were behind the stage and you had to walk through the "green room" to get to them, I had always heard legendary things about that club but it was one of the ****************tiest music clubs I've ever been too and I've been to a lot of ****************ty clubs. The mens room in that dump always had at least an inch of standing water on the floor mixed with who knows what else.
                      Human waste, I'd wager.

Comment

Appreciated-- BEFORE Heart of Glass and the move toward disco. The power pop stuff on the first few albums was great.
                        Visit Crash Pad at:
                        http://CrashPadBand.com
                        CONSUME!:
                        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                        Gear List/Pics:
                        https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Appreciated-- BEFORE Heart of Glass and the move toward disco. The power pop stuff on the first few albums was great.

You know your business.

Debbie was my pinup queen. Most of the guys I knew had posters of like Farrah Fawcett, Loni anderson and Barbi Benton on their walls. They all looked like dog dump compared to Debbie.

Blondie were a great band too.
                          I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.
                          -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)

Comment

Human waste, I'd wager.

You sure it was human?
                            Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Anyone ever heard that joke

"What's the difference between a back alley whore and the bathroom at CBGBs?"
                              I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.
                              -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)

Comment

Working...
                              X