No announcement yet.

Achtung GJ: Comic Book Mental

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achtung GJ: Comic Book Mental

thats right GJ, I've gone completely mental for comic books lately. Right now I'm reading The Walking Dead, Goon, Fear Agent, and the Dark Horse reprints of Conan The Barbarian and really enjoying them all! The Goon in particular is just amazing - both the writing and the eye-popping artwork. Always been a big reader but over the past decade or so it seems like I just can't make it through a novel. I really only get to read before bed and by a few pages I'm already asleep. But I can get through an issue or two of a comic in that time so they are a perfect fit!

My brother is digging in pretty deep to all the new 52 series. I like comics, but I don't have the patience to be a real comic book fan, I usually wait until the graphic novel edition of whatever comes out.

Edit, that didn't make any sense, it's early and I haven't had any coffee. What I mean is that I can't be one of those current comic fans, as a short comic once a month wouldn't give me nearly enough satisfaction as just reading all of them in one go. I dislike episodic entertainment when it's spread out, which is why I buy tv shows on dvd I suppose.

Comment

I have a friend whose husband passed away. He had a huge comic book collection of thousands of comic books from the 1990's
      She dumped them on me to unload them at any price I can get. Message me if you are interested in buying any. Especially in bulk I can cut you a deal. Lots of DC Superman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Marvel stuff and weird independent companies. A lot of them are individually stored in those plastic covers and brand new.
      "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

I have a friend whose husband passed away. He had a huge comic book collection of thousands of comic books from the 1990's
        She dumped them on me to unload them at any price I can get. Message me if you are interested in buying any. Especially in bulk I can cut you a deal. Lots of DC Superman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Marvel stuff and weird independent companies. A lot of them are individually stored in those plastic covers and brand new.

I have a similar collection, but here's the thing...they aren't worth anything. Major name 90's comics are just about valueless. Some of the lesser known/printed stuff could be worth a bit depending on what you have. The early Hellblazers are in demand.

Comment

Of the New 52, I'm enjoying Batman, Swamp Thing and Animal Man, which are mostly consistently good.

Brian K. Vaughn's new series SAGA just started up, and it's going really well so far.

Secret by Jonathan Hickman is pretty dang good right now for something just starting off.

I'm looking forward to Walking Dead 100... but I wish Kirkman would kill Rick, jump ahead int the future a few years and pick up the story with Carl.
          It's hard to face the truth, but I suppose you yourself realize that if you'd had just a little more courage, just a little more strength of character, you could have been dead by now. No such luck.--P. J. O'Rourke--

Comment

To be more precise, I'm not actually reading the individual monthlies. I can't be bothered with that either. I've got the 7 hardcover Walking Dead volumes (12 issues per), and the rest (Goon, Fear Agent etc) are all trade paperbacks...

Comment

I am currently reading through Walking Dead, but I had to put a stop to it during the last few weeks of the semester. Now that I can move on from that nonsense for the summer, I can resume. I think I'm on #75. Over the summer I am hoping to get into some of the good Flash comics.
              The North remembers...

Comment

The first three pages of Berserk were too much for me to deal with. What the ****************.

Comment

Working...
                X