No announcement yet.

Thoughts On Ancient Egyptians

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On Ancient Egyptians

I've watched several documentaries of late, and I've really taken an even greater interest in the goings on of this civilization. Firstly, Bill Maher's Religulous reminded me of the aspects of Christianity completely borrowed from Egypt (Osiris = Original version of Jesus,) then I started watching a documentary series called Ancient Aliens which shows aspects of their technology that insinuate they understood the concepts and physics of flight. Anyone else have a take on any of this? It really seems like this should have been their world, but somehow it didn't turn out that way....
    Moser Templar Wraith
    BC Rich USA Warlock 1986
    BC Rich Shorthorn Koa Mockingbird Bass 1978
    BC Rich MIK BSM Warlock II
    Gibson SG Standard 1993
    Fender USA Standard Stratocaster 1996
    Peavey USA Foundation Bass 1983

Originally Posted by vikingrat

I was there. I am epic. I am VIKINGRAT.

Originally Posted by carvinlegacy99

And although it has "metal" in the name, hair metal will always be an enemy of heavy metal.

What about...I never read this, but I had a history professor who was all into this book Black Athena? About how Egypt is African, and the root of Western civilization via Mycaenaens and what not, so ultimately Europe owes it all to um, yea, Africa.

Anyways yea Egypt is coo'
    Originally Posted by rhino55

hi.flyer is to banjo as gennation is to fat whores

Comment

I'm not sayin' it's aliens...but it's aliens.
      www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

A lot of Western knowledge got lost. The Greeks were already very advanced in their knowledge, most of which was adopted by Arabs who kept the knowledge alive whilst we entered the dark ages
          If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

Beaten to it
            Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

Another mystery I'd like to solve, what the **************** is up with that guy!?!
              Moser Templar Wraith
              BC Rich USA Warlock 1986
              Gibson SG Standard 1993

And although it has "metal" in the name, hair metal will always be an enemy of heavy metal.

Comment

Another mystery I'd like to solve, what the **************** is up with that guy!?!

The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Pretty amazing civilization, and yes, begs the question what exactly led to it's downfall.

I have a tattoo of the eye of Horus. I've always found fascination with ancient Egypt and that symbol particularly.

As a child, the Alan Parson's Project album "Eye in the Sky" would just mesmerize me.

Anyway, many ancient cultures seemed to have strikingly similar gods in hierarchy. If you look at the gods worshiped by the Egyptians, Greeks, Nordics, Mayan/Aztecs, Indians, there are alot of similarities. And yes, alot of their "primitive" understanding of the world was shockingly accurate.

You should do a little research into India and the stories of Nuclear warfare in the ancient world. Even crazier...there is evidence to back some of it up!

Comment

Pretty amazing civilization, and yes, begs the question what exactly led to it's downfall.

I have a tattoo of the eye of Horus. I've always found fascination with ancient Egypt and that symbol particularly.

As a child, the Alan Parson's Project album "Eye in the Sky" would just mesmerize me.

Anyway, many ancient cultures seemed to have strikingly similar gods in hierarchy. If you look at the gods worshiped by the Egyptians, Greeks, Nordics, Mayan/Aztecs, Indians, there are alot of similarities. And yes, alot of their "primitive" understanding of the world was shockingly accurate.

You should do a little research into India and the stories of Nuclear warfare in the ancient world. Even crazier...there is evidence to back some of it up!

Is there a book, documentary, or link you can recommend?
                    Moser Templar Wraith
                    BC Rich USA Warlock 1986
                    Gibson SG Standard 1993

Comment

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_ancient_atomic.htm

Comment

It is a fascinating subject. I don't buy into the ancient astronauts stuff, but it is amazing what they achieved way back then.

I tell you what, I'd of hated to have been one of those poor bastards moving huge stone blocks up to the top of the pyramids. I bet they died out because after a day of that kind of labor, most of them were too tired to make any new little Egyptians.
                        Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                        -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Is there a book, documentary, or link you can recommend?

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/852612-post584.html
                          Originally Posted by kmacc45

I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
                          Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.

Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

**************** the lot of you.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

Comment

It is a fascinating subject. I don't buy into the ancient astronauts stuff, but it is amazing what they achieved way back then.

I tell you what, I'd of hated to have been one of those poor bastards moving huge stone blocks up to the top of the pyramids. I bet they died out because after a day of that kind of labor, most of them were too tired to make any new little Egyptians.

I also recently watched one of those Terry Jones hosted history shows about Egypt, where it's suggested that the level of teamwork and camaraderie that existed during the construction may have meant that those "slaves" lived relatively happy lives, and weren't overworked....
                            Moser Templar Wraith
                            BC Rich USA Warlock 1986
                            Gibson SG Standard 1993

Comment

I also recently watched one of those Terry Jones hosted history shows about Egypt, where it's suggested that the level of teamwork and camaraderie that existed during the construction may have meant that those "slaves" lived relatively happy lives, and weren't overworked....

I saw a docco that suggested that they were quite well treated, and probably not slaves, due to the plentiful evidence of healed broken bones, food remnants found and nutritional evidence from their teeth. Don't ask what it was called as I've no idea...
                              "You ill mannered sack of ****************e."

Kylie Minogue

Comment

Working...
                              X