No announcement yet.

Hot or Not: Practice Amp Edition

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot or Not: Practice Amp Edition

Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

I tried one at the Dallas guitar show. Really wanted to like it, but it was tinny, thin, and NOISY. I wonder if I was trying a bad unit.
    CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

That interviewer (mmm hmmm) is just (yeah, yeah)... annoying (yeah).

Comment

mediocre sounding

Buy a Laney or a Victoria instead

Comment

Not hot, sorry lol
          s

Comment

Those seem really cool, I was interested but Burnside's report that they sound "fizzy" really turned me off... yes I admit I was influenced by GJ....
            Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
            -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I actually got to try one about a month ago. Cool looks and versatility, but yeah, those drivers just aren't big enough to produce any real low end. It's great for a tabletop/apartment with thin walls amp.

Comment

I have one. I like it. It is a bit trebly, and the reverb pan goes from nothing to DICK DALE SURF CITY, USA instantly, but these things can be addressed using the software editor. I live in a small apartment, and I can practice guitar and bass through it at low volumes. It saves space too since it fits on a desk. The Marshall model is my go-to for overdriven tones. I intend to try out the recording direct option soon.
                "Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
                - Robert Fripp

Comment

FWIW, this is a better demo video:

"Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
                  - Robert Fripp

Comment

I just finished reviewing it. The buzzing you hear in the first video was a bad PSU that Yamaha fixed. I like it for what it does.
                    Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Those things are selling like crazy. GC today told me that locally they cant keep them in stock.
                      Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

What does Tag say?
                        I liked you better as your previous alt. Now you're just a giant walking vagina filled with sand and yeast.

Comment

I just finished reviewing it. The buzzing you hear in the first video was a bad PSU that Yamaha fixed. I like it for what it does.

Yamaha fixed Penn St.?

Comment

not. get iRig or AmpFarm or just use Garageband. the day of the ****************ty practice amp is over. we have computers now.
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

not. get iRig or AmpFarm or just use Garageband. the day of the ****************ty practice amp is over. we have computers now.

Word.
                              Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Working...
                              X