No announcement yet.

Let's discuss legalizing marijuana

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's discuss legalizing marijuana

I'm all for it. How much time/energy is wasted on this?

How many VIOLENT criminals are not dealt with, as a result of this senseless policing?

I wanna hear what you guys think. And i am aware of the forum's distaste for hippies and stoners. I know you are above it and all.

But still, you're intelligent individuals () who I HOPE!! can answer honestly...without looking down your noses.
    Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

yeah man.

wait, what were we just talking about?

i'm hungry.
    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Let's not.
      Originally Posted by tiger roach

NORWEGIAN motherf**ker DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Comment

Yes.

/discussion
        Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

I don't think we as a nation are too far away from it, in the sense that we don't need to legalize it.

Product is here. Ease of acquiring it is here. Standards of price are here. Law enforcement against it is next to non existent for the most part. It's fairly accepted already. People already use it *usually* out of sight/smell for the most part, we don't need kids walking down a public street passing a joint around yelling "HEY! We're high! We can do this anywhere and it's totally legal!"

I say we are already right where we'd want to be. No sense in throwing government taxes and whatnot into it.

Comment

Law enforcement against it is next to non existent for the most part.

Tell that to the 1 million people who are prosecuted for marijuana possession every year.

http://blog.norml.org/2010/09/15/incarceration-nation-marijuana-arrests-for-year-2009-near-record-high/
            Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Regulate and tax it like booze. Make big bucks. Free up desperately needed prison space for real criminals. Eliminate a lucrative cash source for organized crime.

Legalizing pot is a win/win proposition. That's exactly why it'll never happen. Makes too much sense.
              __________________________________________________ _________
              Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

Tell that to the 1 million people who are prosecuted for marijuana possession every year.

http://blog.norml.org/2010/09/15/incarceration-nation-marijuana-arrests-for-year-2009-near-record-high/

Dumb asses for the most part, I would assume.

Maybe i'm a bit biased, living in Nor Cal, but even then, I doubt that 1 million people who were high and minding their own business were fighting the law.

Stupid people are going to do stupid **************** high or not.

Comment

I think it should be legalized. When I retire, I'd like to be able to grow a plant and take in the herbness as I like.
                  "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

Dumb asses for the most part, I would assume.

Maybe i'm a bit biased, living in Nor Cal

I think your zip code might give you a skewed view of how the rest of the country treats it. When I went to Hardly Strictly two years ago I was stunned. People openly selling brownies and muffins. The cops couldn't possibly have cared less. They were more interested in the people trying to sell alcohol in the park.

The rest of the country takes a different view (to varying degrees). I'm quite sure if a Tennessee cop finds even the smallest bit of weed or paraphernalia during, say, a traffic stop, you're going to jail.
                    Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dmn23 is the douche around here.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

dmn23 has wisdom.

Originally Posted by surfsteve

dmn23 is a GREAT AMERICAN. WTF is wrong with you ********************************s ?

Originally Posted by Flogger59

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste and discernment

Comment

I think your zip code might give you a skewed view of how the rest of the country treats it. When I went to Hardly Strictly two years ago I was stunned. People openly selling brownies and muffins. The cops couldn't possibly have cared less. They were more interested in the people trying to sell alcohol in the park.

The rest of the country takes a different view (to varying degrees). I'm quite sure if a Tennessee cop finds even the smallest bit of weed or paraphernalia during, say, a traffic stop, you're going to jail.

I wouldn't rule that out at all. This is only based on my experience.

Comment

Let's not.

+1
                        The North remembers...

Comment

A software developer I work with did some programming for the government of a border city in Texas. How illegal the weed is apparently depends on how far from the border it is and how Mexican you are. This is one of the rare cases where being Mexican in Texas works in your favor; make it across the border with a backpack of weed, and if you get caught, they confiscate the weed and more or less drive you back across the border.
                          CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

A software developer I work with did some programming for the government of a border city in Texas. How illegal the weed is apparently depends on how far from the border it is and how Mexican you are. This is one of the rare cases where being Mexican in Texas works in your favor; make it across the border with a backpack of weed, and if you get caught, they confiscate the weed and more or less drive you back across the border.

I would imagine a lot of police behavior in Texas varies depending on how Mexican you are.

Comment

I would imagine a lot of police behavior in Texas varies depending on how Mexican you are.

Or black. Or gay. My dentist is a gay Mexican. I think he stays out of sheer stubbornness.
                              CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

Working...
                              X