Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empire of the Sun (holy ****************!)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire of the Sun (holy ****************!)

I grew up watching Empire of the Sun on cable. Watched it again a few years ago and it was still thoroughly entertaining...unlike some stuff you love as a kid but can't get through as an adult.

A co-worker just pointed out to me the name of the actor who played the kid. I couldn't believe it!

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dolls are almost always much larger than figurines and action figures and will often come with clothing that can be removed almost completely. They should also possess a certain amount of posability.

Dolls will often have removable clothing, down to the figures "skin" and will possibly have other interchangeable outfits that can be purchased separately.

Dolls may be smaller than 12 inches, but as long as they still have clothing that can be completely removed.

I knew that. Here's one I just found out recently though. Jax from Sons of Anarchy is a) English and b) an early role in his career was playing an underage gay in Queer as Folk in the UK

In QaF he was the love interest of Lord Baelish from Game of Thrones.

"You ill mannered sack of ****************e."

Kylie Minogue

Comment

Hah! I did not know that either.

Agreed about that movie, I need to watch it again.

Ah so Christian Bale, not Heath Ledger...
      Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
      -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I knew that. Here's one I just found out recently though. Jax from Sons of Anarchy is a) English and b) an early role in his career was laying an underage gay in Queer as Folk in the UK.

I was very surprised to learn he wasn't American. The accent he puts on is damn good. Not Stringer Bell good, but close.
        CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

I was very surprised to learn he wasn't American. The accent he puts on is damn good. Not Stringer Bell good, but close.

It just never occurred to me that he wasn't American.
          "You ill mannered sack of ****************e."

Kylie Minogue

Comment

I knew when I first saw Bale in American Psycho, that I knew I've seen him from something as a kid, when he was young.

It took years of pondering, but then I realized what it was. And no, it wasn't Empire of the Sun. It was the super epic, totally awesome;

Comment

It just never occurred to me that he wasn't American.

His American accent is convincing enough that when I saw him in Green Street Hooligans, his English accent sounded fake. Same thing happened with the guy who played Lee Adama on Battlestar. I saw him several years later on Law and Order UK and it sounded like an American trying to sound like a Londoner.

Comment

Empire of the Sun was the first (and for a long time, the only) movie I'd seen Christian Bale in, so I'm very much in the reverse (today I'm still like, jeez, that's the kid from Empire of the Sun). It's been years since I've seen it, but I always remember how unlikable he is in that movie. He seems a bit unlikable IRL, too. Heck of an actor, though.
                Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
                Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

Working...
                X