Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever take naps and, if so, how frequently?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever take naps and, if so, how frequently?

I've never been a napper. It makes me feel all sluggish and grouchy when I get up afterwards.

Sometimes I'll try to nap in the afternoon if I am going to be staying up late to do astronomy.
    Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
    -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I love to nap. I only get to do it on odd weekends, though. Usually around 2 or 3 in the afternoon the wife and I are ready to crash. My daughter is to, but pitches a giant red faced fit at the idea of napping.
      It figures you wouldn't get it. "A Season in Hell" was a head of it's time. -Jimmy James

Good deals with: Adam Poland

Comment

just woke up from one.
        You added another useless post...who could ask for more? - BMAL
        I actually just realised what a dumb thread this is - bassaussie
        What a stupid thread. - bassaussie
        Tall Girl was everything a HCBF thread should be. - ivanthetrble
        Take care of yourself...and each other. - jerry springer

you have brave ballz of cast iron to fight the trog forces of haTE. - boy#152

and after you're finished, you say-
        Ooh, what a lovely teaparty

Comment

no are you talking about a proper afternoon nap where you lay down and actually intend to nap ? If so I think I've taken maybe 5 my whole life. I just can't nap.....If you're talking about an accidental nap where you doze off then yeah I've done plenty of those but 90 percent are in front of the television in the early evening then I wake for a couple hours and then go to bed.
          My Last FM
          My Youtube page
          BobNod # 11

Comment

Almost every Sunday, and many Saturdays as well. I also try to get a nap on the BART train home, but this is contingent on my getting one of the forward- or rear-facing seats (being in an aisle-facing seat means you get jerked from side to side by acceleration and braking).
            Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

Usually only on weekends, but lately I have been sleeping so poorly at night I am skipping naps in hopes of a better nights sleep.
              Dave

Comment

I tend to doze off watching football on weekends. Don't really get the opportunity to nap during the week.
                We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

I tend to doze off watching football on weekends. Don't really get the opportunity to nap during the week.
                  We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

Rarely, on weekend afternoons.
                    My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

Not a napper me. I find that if I do nod off in the afternoon I wake up feeling like crud with a headache and usually can't get back to normal for the rest of the day...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DdBob
                        View Post

..If you're talking about an accidental nap where you doze off then yeah I've done plenty of those but 90 percent are in front of the television in the early evening then I wake for a couple hours and then go to bed.

that's the closest i come to it, unless i'm sick in bed or something. if i'm watching tv somehwere bettween 10-11:30 pm i'm liable to blink and the next show or the news is on. then i'm stuck awake until i'm sleepy enough again to really go to bed.
                        start where you are,
                        use what you have,
                        do what you can. arthur ashe

Comment

Every. Chance. I. Get.

Work requires me to get up early. Kids keep me up late. When I get to the weekend, I nap as much as I can.

I usually start feeling normal by Sunday afternoon -- just in time to start the whole pile of crap over again.

Comment

Maybe four or five times a month I'll come home from work tired (usually from too little sleep the night before,) and catch twenty minutes before the Mrs wakes me up.

Comment

Depends on the hangover.
                              www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Working...
                              X