Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not getting the sense that GJ is a bastion for Metal

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place is mostly guys who wear shorts in the winter and play guitar every once a while with a handful of exceptions. I've never been into metal as fashion or as a refuge from mainstream people. To me it's about badass extroverted guitar playing where the guitar solos are loud and distorted. Regardless of what you wear, you either can play "Mr. Crowley" or you can't. That's more metal to me than some nordic clown in make up and studs who plays ****************ty guitar.

can it, grandpa!
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

can it, grandpa!

It's winter time. Take off those shorts!
      Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Here's how it's done:
        Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
        http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
        http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

More like a cable network for fashion, recipes, and suburban hobbies. Am I wrong about this? I seek only to understand.

We also talk about music. Which is something very different from fashion, recipes, and suburban hobbies, and metal.
          DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

1) Metal is a place where intensity, passion and aggression run free. It's a place where you get the same feeling Dick Butkus got when form tackling a Green Bay Packer so hard the running back's neck snapped back. If that scares you, there's always surf music and tiki torch parties........where the football players will come in a dick stab your women.

2) Metal is also a place where leather pants, posing, and douchebag satan-vagrant rhetoric deletes said passion and dresses it up into something it's not. The metal does not need to be dressed up nor does it need satan, or your dumbass views on athiesm. We don't care you had lunch with satan yesterday in your dark scorched earth dreams.

3) Metal is also a place where musical extremism (extreme creativity) is embraced. It is one of the only styles of music (avant/free jazz and "new music" not withstanding) where extremism is actually popular, encouraged and rewarded.

Metal as intensity, passion, and craft:

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Wow, Rob's looking pretty butch there.
              Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dmn23 is the douche around here.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

dmn23 has wisdom.

Originally Posted by surfsteve

dmn23 is a GREAT AMERICAN. WTF is wrong with you ********************************s ?

Originally Posted by Flogger59

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste and discernment

Comment

Fashionable guy that I am sure enjoys gourmet dining.
                HC GREAT WHITE OUT SURVIVOR 2012 , RIP those that didnt make it.

Rutles meet them , know them , love them , touch them
                http://www.rutles.org/rstory.html
                QUOTE=midnightlaundry Your ****************************, no help reply is exactly why I hate this board.
                Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

Watch out, there are some terribly bothersome trolls around here.

Comment

1) Metal is a place where intensity, passion and aggression run free. It's a place where you get the same feeling Dick Butkus got when form tackling a Green Bay Packer so hard the running back's neck snapped back. If that scares you, there's always surf music and tiki torch parties........where the football players will come in a dick stab your women.

2) Metal is also a place where leather pants, posing, and douchebag satan-vagrant rhetoric deletes said passion and dresses it up into something it's not. The metal does not need to be dressed up nor does it need satan, or your dumbass views on athiesm. We don't care you had lunch with satan yesterday in your dark scorched earth dreams.

3) Metal is also a place where musical extremism (extreme creativity) is embraced. It is one of the only styles of music (avant/free jazz and "new music" not withstanding) where extremism is actually popular, encouraged and rewarded.

^pisses all over your opinions on what metal is supposed to be (ps I like Tosin)
                  If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

^pisses all over your opinions on what metal is supposed to be (ps I like Tosin)

Intensity = intensity.

Dark = dark.

Therefore dark does not = intense.

While the music you posted has intensity, it's dark confines do not make it moreso. But you go on being seduced by culture.

You can zip up now.
                    "Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Intensity = intensity.

Dark = dark.

Therefore dark does not = intense.

While the music you posted has intensity, it's dark confines do not make it moreso. But you go on being seduced by culture.

You can zip up now.

Or perhaps, it's just metal I particularly like your definitions mean nothing

Comment

Tosin is truly a bad mother ****************er.

Comment

It's winter time. Take off those shorts!

Why do you hate Scotty Ian?!?

Comment

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDERR!
                            Shotgun Royale

last.fm

Comment

Comment

A little morning metal for ya!
                                2009 Ernie Ball JP6
                                2008 PRS Swamp Ash Special
                                2010 Washburn Preacher PS5
                                2010 Aria Pro PE-Supra
                                90's Strat
                                80's ESP Mirage Custom
                                80's Hamer Phantom

Comment

Working...
                                X