Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like this guitar and is it worth $350?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like this guitar and is it worth $350?

1999 Godin Radiator, (front), (back), (headstock), (pickups ), (body/neck markings). Godin has always offered excellent quality guitars at remarkably reasonable prices, especially considering they're assembled in the USA from Canadian parts. Known primarily for their acoustic models, they also build some fine solidbodies such as this Radiator. It has some of the vibe of a 60's Italian-made guitar with the black pearl MOTS top. Click here for a review by GuitarOne.com and here for Ultimate Guitar where it received a 9.3 overall. Features include chambered Silver Leaf Maple body, rock maple neck with maple fretboard, flat 12" radius, shorter 24 3/4" scale, 24 medium jumbo frets, 1 11/16" nut width, Low-Noise Godin-Design single-coil pickups, Black Onyx finish. The single coil pickups sound very good and they're so quiet that I definitely thought they were mini-humbuckers, although the tone is somewhere between the fatness of a P90 and the clarity of a Tele. Set up on this guitar is fantastic, with low action and no fret out on bends anywhere on the neck. Cosmetically it has some minor dings on the back but overall it's in nice shape and with a new one running $599, it's a sweet deal on a proline guitar for $350. Includes well-padded gigbag.
    www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Not gaudy enough.

Comment

Not gaudy enough.

+1millionity

Comment

I don't really like it, but it's probably worth $350.
        http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

I'm not that into sparkle, but the price seems reasonable.

Comment

Yes and no. Radiators go (or sometimes don't go) for $250 to $300 on eBay. I bought my Triumph (3-pickup version without the MOTO pickguard) for $300.

That being said, they're great guitars. I have never, ever, played a Godin that was a dog, and I own three of them.
            CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

No
              Probably
              My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

No, it is an aesthetic trainwreck.

But I can't disagree with anything mattburnside said. Godins, even the low-rent models, are surprisingly nice guitars. If I had to start over with a slim budget, they'd be top of my list.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

I would like it if I was in a cruise ship lounge band. The price sounds cheap to me but MattB probably knows what he's talking about...
                  Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                  -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

No and yes.

Comment

no, yes.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

no/probably...

Comment

"....the tone is somewhere between the fatness of a P90 and the clarity of a Tele."

That's a pretty broad range.
                          Let that boy boogie woogie. It in him, an' it got to come out.

Comment

Yes and maybe, if it's flawless and includes a case.
                            My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

Working...
                            X