Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Hamer is gone and Fender is bringing back Guild electrics.....

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that Hamer is gone and Fender is bringing back Guild electrics.....

How much do you think they are going to charge for a S100? I hope not an arm and a leg.
    Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

If I had a Hamer.....

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird
      View Post

If I had a Hamer.....

You would Hamer in the morning?

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

are they even doing the S100?

also, i think they'll bring back Guild for the run and then, when they don't sell, finally kill the brand.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Help!I'maRock!
          View Post

are they even doing the S100?

also, i think they'll bring back Guild for the run and then, when they don't sell, finally kill the brand.

I bet you are right Howie. It will be all high end stuff and then Guild will go to gear Heaven along with Sunn, Hamer and whatever else Fender decides to kill off.

Comment

if only they would kill that ****************ing Antigua finish.
            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

View Post

if only they would kill that ****************ing Antigua finish.

Comment

Have you seen what they're asking for the Starfire IV reissue? This is MSRP but still:

http://www.guildguitars.com/instrume...tno=3828000837
                Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dmn23 is the douche around here.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

dmn23 has wisdom.

Originally Posted by surfsteve

dmn23 is a GREAT AMERICAN. WTF is wrong with you ********************************s ?

Originally Posted by Flogger59

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste and discernment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by dmn23
                  View Post

Have you seen what they're asking for the Starfire IV reissue? This is MSRP but still:

http://www.guildguitars.com/instrume...tno=3828000837

****************. It's like the Gretsch stuff. No way in hell I would shell out that kind of money even if I had it. They are shooting for the over 40 crowd because young people don't care about guitars and they know that some old ****************ers made the right choices in life and now have some cash to blow. I am NOT one of them.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vikingrat
                    View Post

****************. It's like the Gretsch stuff. No way in hell I would shell out that kind of money even if I had it. They are shooting for the over 40 crowd because young people don't care about guitars and they know that some old ****************ers made the right choices in life and now have some cash to blow. I am NOT one of them.

in other news, i might buy an Ibanez Artcore for $175.

Comment

View Post

in other news, i might buy an Ibanez Artcore for $175.

There nice guitars. Like I said I am knocked out by the mim Fenders. I get to play a lot of stuff at work now which I haven't been able to do in a while. I am getting kind of pissy about the pricing of guitars.

Comment

View Post

There nice guitars. Like I said I am knocked out by the mim Fenders. I get to play a lot of stuff at work now which I haven't been able to do in a while. I am getting kind of pissy about the pricing of guitars.

like everything else, prices just keep going up. the imports have gotten better and the low line USA stuff can't compete anymore. i'm happy i bought my Taylor, PRS, and Ric when i did. the new ones simply cost more than i'm willing to pay. there's always the used market.

Comment

View Post

like everything else, prices just keep going up. the imports have gotten better and the low line USA stuff can't compete anymore. i'm happy i bought my Taylor, PRS, and Ric when i did. the new ones simply cost more than i'm willing to pay. there's always the used market.

That's what is crazy. I really wanted a SL1 Jackson forever and the prices kept going up and up. New with the flame top they are about $1900-$2200 bucks. We got a mint used one in for $1200. Of course now I'm not into it anymore. That price drop is as bad as a car though.

Comment

View Post

That's what is crazy. I really wanted a SL1 Jackson forever and the prices kept going up and up. New with the flame top they are about $1900-$2200 bucks. We got a mint used one in for $1200. Of course now I'm not into it anymore. That price drop is as bad as a car though.

the vast majority of new guitars are poor investments. i buy what i like and don't worry about resale value. i figure that if i'm worried about re-selling something before i've purchased it, then it's not the one for me.

Comment

I got myself a SF IV in 2000 with their spendy case for about $1300 at GC. I thought it was expensive, but it was my birthday afterall.... $5k list? I don't think so. Don't they trust their own manufacturing capabilities? It's like it's a mod right out of the gate.... BTW I like my Ibanez artcore AF 95 better I got for $299 used... (sorry Guild lovers).
                              I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                              Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

Working...
                              X