No announcement yet.

News is now reporting 27 dead in that Connecticut shooting

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News is now reporting 27 dead in that Connecticut shooting

14 of them kids. How ****************ing horribly sad and senseless.

jesus christ

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BD0U120121214

(Reuters) - At least 27 people, including children, were killed on Friday when at least one shooter opened fire at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, CBS News reported, citing unnamed officials.

The shooter, the father of a student there, was also killed, CBS News reported. The principal and school psychologist were among the dead, CNN said.

There were unconfirmed reports of a second shooter after witnesses reported hearing dozens of shots fired.

Sandy Hook Elementary School teaches children from kindergarten through fourth grade - roughly ages 5 to 10.

"It was horrendous," said parent Brenda Lebinski, who rushed to the school where her daughter is in the third grade. "Everyone was in hysterics - parents, students. There were kids coming out of the school bloodied. I don't know if they were shot, but they were bloodied."

Television images showed police and ambulances at the scene, and parents rushing toward the school. Parents were seen reuniting with their children and taking them home.

(Additional reporting by Dan Burns, Chris Francescani and Paul Thomasch; Editing by Daniel Trotta and Jackie Frank)
    Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dolls are almost always much larger than figurines and action figures and will often come with clothing that can be removed almost completely. They should also possess a certain amount of posability.

Dolls will often have removable clothing, down to the figures "skin" and will possibly have other interchangeable outfits that can be purchased separately.

Dolls may be smaller than 12 inches, but as long as they still have clothing that can be completely removed.

Comment

WTF is going on? Is there is historical precedent in empiredom for what is happening?
      http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

ChaseA17 was right.

Comment

God almighty. Now the ****************ing psychos are mass-murdering children in kindergarten? This is looking really grim.
          Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
          -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Into Nation
            View Post

Is there is historical precedent in empiredom for what is happening?

What do you mean? There have been occasionally rashes of "lone gunman"-type spectacular violence in the US at least since the 1960s.
            Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Holy hell...

R.I.P. to the innocent dead, and rot in hell to the killer.

SUPER EVIL INDUSTRIES
              SUPER EVIL FORUMS
              Facebook ~ sonik777@hotmail.com
              "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I have the gift of musical tolerance.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Navigator
                View Post

What do you mean? There have been occasionally rashes of "lone gunman"-type spectacular violence in the US at least since the 1960s.

It seems to be a bit more than occasional lately.
                http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

View Post

It would be interesting (if that's the word) to see some kind of quantification of this particular kind of violence, adjusted for population growth, over the years. I'm sure such a thing is out there, even if some of it's hard to define/measure totally objectively.

Comment

God damn it.
                    My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Into Nation
                      View Post

It seems to be a bit more than occasional lately.

That's because we're in a period of it happening. Remember when Columbine, Kip Kinkle (sp?) and one or two others happened all bunched up? And then remember when we all quit worrying about school shootings because we were more worried about Osama? And remember when everyone everywhere was freaking out about white powder in the mail?

Comment

Are these things more common these days? I know it seems like it but I haven't seen any data comparing frequency of mass shootings.
                        Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Actionsquid
                          View Post

It would be interesting (if that's the word) to see some kind of quantification of this particular kind of violence, adjusted for population growth, over the years. I'm sure such a thing is out there, even if some of it's hard to define/measure totally objectively.

Yeah...where's rushruff w/ his social science business when we need it?

Hmm...

http://wcr.sonoma.edu/v6n1/manuscripts/duwe.pdf

Though pop journalism outlets like HuffPo and Psychology Today are pretty clearly advancing a "worse than ever narrative." Which makes me wonder why they might frame it that way?

Looks like the trend might be violent crime down, with mass shootings up (and more lethal). But I know that there is some debate w/r/t how things are classed as mass shootings. Four gang members shot in a drive-by/street brawl can technically be a mass shooting, but it's not a mass shooting in terms of media coverage.

Comment

oh my god |I'm gonna start crying here soon. this is just unbelievably horrible...

Comment

View Post

Yeah...where's rushruff w/ his social science business when we need it?

The problem seems like how you define "crazy guy with a gun" violence exactly, how exactly you separate it- or don't- from domestic disputes gone violent, violence related to other crimes but committed by crazy people, and so on. Messy. It would also be a pretty damn depressing study to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X