Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the lady ahead of me in the drive-thru at Starbucks today bought my coffee...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the lady ahead of me in the drive-thru at Starbucks today bought my coffee...

I pulled up and the cashier said that the lady ahead of me already "took care of it" and said "Merry Christmas" I don't know who it was but that was very nice of her

It makes me think, doesn't someone need that donation much more than me? I guess these "random acts of kindness" have been a fad this holiday season in my community and it seems a bit misdirected. These people should be donating to those who truly need it.

Plus I had a gift card I was going to pay for my coffee and blueberry scone with

I think everybody could use a bit of cheer, and that's the point. People are better people when they're happy people. It's not like that $5 was going to change the world. But a happy doctor...

Also there's the whole "pay it forward" aspect. I think now you're supposed to do something nice for someone else. So... give me that scone.
    ...That's what she said.

Soundclick

Originally Posted by LeftyTom

I wouldn't want to be in any woman who wants me in her.

Originally Posted by Brocktoon

[Baron85's nickname:] Mommy's Little Man

Originally Posted by dmn23

I may not know how to play it or program it, but it makes the "studio" look sufficiently enough like a spaceship that I feel my money was well spent.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by eloydrummerboy
      View Post

I think everybody could use a bit of cheer, and that's the point. People are better people when they're happy people. It's not like that $5 was going to change the world. But a happy doctor...

Also there's the whole "pay it forward" aspect. I think now you're supposed to do something nice for someone else. So... give me that scone.

My wife and I are each going to give $50 to someone in the next few days leading up to Christmas. I think it would be nice to give an unsuspecting person (most likely in the service/hospitality industry) a nice little Christmas bonus

Comment

Drive through at Starbucks? Sounds un mid-level. Wha happnd?

Cool of the gal ahead though.
        http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Yeah, Kidd Kraddick promotes it on how morning show... The Pay It Forward. Are you in an area that is syndicated?
          Guitar Jam is an uncomfortable place. Full of satan worship and vulgarity.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseA17
            View Post

My wife and I are each going to give $50 to someone in the next few days leading up to Christmas. I think it would be nice to give an unsuspecting person (most likely in the service/hospitality industry) a nice little Christmas bonus

How can you do that without being patronizing?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flamencology
              View Post

Eh, I don't see it as being patronizing. Just a nice thing to do, like leaving a very large tip

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flamencology
                View Post

I once accidentally tipped a waitress $100 for a drink because the club was too dark for me to see into my wallet. I'm not normally in the habit of carrying "Benjamins", but I had just gotten paid cash for some odd job. Try to do it like that.
                Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey
                  View Post

I once accidentally tipped a waitress $100 for a drink because the club was too dark for me to see into my wallet. I'm not normally in the habit of carrying "Benjamins", but I had just gotten paid cash for some odd job. Try to do it like that.

Yeah, it's easy to do it when tips are involved.

I almost always pay with change when I'm paying for coffee at drive-thru windows, take my coffee, and then don't stick around to collect my $.25 or whatever. I had one moment last year where I absentmindedly did the same after paying with a $50. I'd like to think it made someone's day. Who knows?

But it's one thing leaving a huge tip at a restaurant, and another where you have to have a "take this money" conversation with someone who doesn't ordinarily handle money at work, especially if it's someone you see regularly. I think that would make a lot of people uncomfortable.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseA17
                    View Post

Eh, I don't see it as being patronizing. Just a nice thing to do, like leaving a very large tip

At the risk of being Sally Semantic, if you tip someone in a service industry, you are literally being patronizing.
                    Originally Posted by kmacc45

I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
                    Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.

Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

**************** the lot of you.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

Comment

+1 on the big tipper scenario. Just walking up to some random person and giving them money could be kind of awkward. Find a bartender or server that you like and seems like they'd appreciate it. That also gives you a bit of time to judge the person and make sure they seem like someone you'd like to give $50 to for the hell of it.
                      ...That's what she said.

Soundclick

Originally Posted by LeftyTom

I wouldn't want to be in any woman who wants me in her.

Originally Posted by Brocktoon

[Baron85's nickname:] Mommy's Little Man

Originally Posted by dmn23

I may not know how to play it or program it, but it makes the "studio" look sufficiently enough like a spaceship that I feel my money was well spent.

Comment

I usually leave a stick of gum. That's tip enough.
                        Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

I saw a guy who paid $50 for a $2 bottled water from an invalid roadside grocer. He didn't expect any change for his money.
                          Mercury by day, Uranus by night.

Originally Posted by Hamza Ashgari

Saudi women... won't go to hell "because it's impossible to go there twice."

Comment

SIIHP
                            Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
                            http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
                            http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

She paid the cashier to gob in your coffee.
                              "You ill mannered sack of ****************e."

Kylie Minogue

Comment

Working...
                              X