Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the Mayan ArmageddoFail being explained away by the nutballs?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How is the Mayan ArmageddoFail being explained away by the nutballs?

    Just curious.



    No ****************ing way am I going to the source material message boards to find out for myself, btw. That ****************'ll rub off on you. "Battle not with monsters/if you gaze into the Abyss", etc...



    What are the leading causes for the failure of the prophecy?

  • #2
    The Mayans did a lot of drugs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bad choobs?



      Bloofer Lady Scooter Ride

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by MojoFilter
        View Post

        What are the leading causes for the failure of the prophecy?




        I'm just guessing here...because it was BS?



        I don't think the Mayans actually predicted the end of anything, their stupid little stone calendars just ran out of numbers. As I understand it, the doomsday crap was added by modern whackos.

        Comment


        • #5
          Teh Mayans were lysdexic.



          It's really 2021.

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Monson
            View Post

            Bad choobs?







            Hello, Herr Monson...good to see you. And it's as likely a reason as I can fathom. And I don't even know what a choob is.

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by John Backlund
                View Post

                I'm just guessing here...because it was BS?



                I don't think the Mayans actually predicted the end of anything, their stupid little stone calendars just ran out of numbers. As I understand it, the doomsday crap was added by modern whackos.




                Agreed, 100%. A civilization adept in forecasting doomsday would certainly be able to predict their own demise.



                The whole prophecy thing was forged by the Grape-Nuts. I want to know how the Grape-Nuts are explaining their own failure.

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by MojoFilter
                  View Post

                  Hello, Herr Monson...good to see you. And it's as likely a reason as I can fathom. And I don't even know what a choob is.




                  Tube, or valve as the British say, the little glass-thingies that keep your amp illuminated inside.







                  Good to see you too, sir!



                  Bloofer Lady Scooter Ride

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by John Backlund
                    View Post

                    I'm just guessing here...because it was BS?



                    I don't think the Mayans actually predicted the end of anything, their stupid little stone calendars just ran out of numbers. As I understand it, the doomsday crap was added by modern whackos.




                    He wasn't asking for a rational explanation, he was looking for the excuses the simpletons who actually believed this were using.

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by Monson
                      View Post

                      Tube, or valve as the British say, the little glass-thingies that keep your amp illuminated inside.







                      Good to see you too, sir!







                      Crap, I knew that and forgot it. Which is essentially the same as not knowing it. Thanks for the explanation. And, very possibly...word is the Mayans were big on cheap Chinese tubes. Piercing high end and muddy bass makes it tough to receive accurate prophecies from Bolon Yokte'.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I saw some crazy woman who was a proponent of the mayan apocalypse on tv last night. She was of the position that the 'end of the world' meant 'the end of the world as we know it', and today should mark a new dawn of human existence in the universe. What exactly the **************** that means, I have no idea. Anyway, for the original point, I think the answer can be found in this 'moving the goal post' type of response from the nutters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I played a Telecaster that I quite liked today. That's a pretty big change in my understanding of the universe.
                          Originally Posted by Jimmy James


                          You're the British SAS of Metal.









                          Originally Posted by Phlat Phive


                          You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.









                          Originally Posted by goodusername



                          Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.



                          Some Tunes:

                          http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
                          http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
                          http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by mosiddiqi
                            View Post

                            I played a Telecaster that I quite liked today. That's a pretty big change in my understanding of the universe.




                            I bet it had humbuckers.
                            http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...1330893693.png

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by mosiddiqi
                              View Post

                              I played a Telecaster that I quite liked today. That's a pretty big change in my understanding of the universe.






                              You've taken your first step into a larger world.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X