X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow internet speed with Comcast...

aka "Comcastrated."

For the past six years, absolutely no problems. Go to Mexico for a month, and return home to find that my connectivity has gone into the ****************ter. No changes to my set up here - pages are now slow to load, some don't load at all, forget about watching any video, and Skype is all ****************ed up. Vonage phone call quality now sounds like it's being run through a $29 Behringer vocoder pedal. Three calls to Comcast support resulted in the same routine; eventually they bounce something on their side and it partially clears up the problem.

I would say "yeah, I know. First world problems" but I had the same damn problems while in Mexico.

Today I place my order for Verizon FIOS.
    Originally Posted by mike moriarty

Looks like an amp for old people.

Originally Posted by syscrusher

If the world didn't suck, we would fall off.

Originally Posted by PerfectTommy

kudos to Furtive for a clear and well-reasoned discussion. so rare to see something that has been thought through and presented rationally.

Moral of the story: Don't go to Mexico.
    Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dolls are almost always much larger than figurines and action figures and will often come with clothing that can be removed almost completely. They should also possess a certain amount of posability.

Dolls will often have removable clothing, down to the figures "skin" and will possibly have other interchangeable outfits that can be purchased separately.

Dolls may be smaller than 12 inches, but as long as they still have clothing that can be completely removed.

Comment

Moral of the story: Don't go to Mexico.
      Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dolls are almost always much larger than figurines and action figures and will often come with clothing that can be removed almost completely. They should also possess a certain amount of posability.

Dolls will often have removable clothing, down to the figures "skin" and will possibly have other interchangeable outfits that can be purchased separately.

Dolls may be smaller than 12 inches, but as long as they still have clothing that can be completely removed.

Comment

We need a fence.

Comment

We need a fence.

Comment

I had the same problem with Comcast and I pay for business class internet. My problems started after an outage that Comcast had. I ran Speedtest and noticed that my speeds were half of what I was paying for. It turns out that Comcast had the wrong intialization file on my modem. So after a power outage or other outage my modem was capped. Tech Support fixed it.
            Good deals with: emoore, jerryboy, jedd, Julka, Stooges_Fan, mrmjp, tRagerEffects, teleman, Lonnie99, jimtalkbox, Tupelo Son, Jim Hunter, billly budapest, bxxandy

Comment

I had the same problem with Comcast and I pay for business class internet. My problems started after an outage that Comcast had. I ran Speedtest and noticed that my speeds were half of what I was paying for. It turns out that Comcast had the wrong intialization file on my modem. So after a power outage or other outage my modem was capped. Tech Support fixed it.
              Good deals with: emoore, jerryboy, jedd, Julka, Stooges_Fan, mrmjp, tRagerEffects, teleman, Lonnie99, jimtalkbox, Tupelo Son, Jim Hunter, billly budapest, bxxandy

Comment

mycleanpc.com

At least that's what they say on TV
                www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Just a few days ago I fixed a friend of mines Super slow Comcast issue by following the below steps i found on the internet.

It completly fixed the speed and now is super fast again.

Worth a try:

The solution.

1.Go to http://192.168.1.1 and login to your router. If you've never done this, look for instructions that came with your router or do a google search to find the default username and password.

2.Find a page that has QoS settings. For the E1200, you need to click on "Applications & Gaming" and select the "QoS" sub-menu.

3.Disable WMM Support.

4.Click save.

That's it. The second I disabled WMM support, the download speeds for my laptop and iPhone both jumped to 24 Mbps, perfectly matching my desktop

Comment

I had the same thing happen several years ago. They said it was the signal leaving the house

was getting backed up somehow. It never cleared up until I got a new laptop and the problem

suddenly (maybe coincidence?) went away.
                    Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

Comcast / Xfinity sucks Great Cthulhu's cavernous Stygian ****************************.

Comment

Working...
                      X