Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Achtung Jimmy James! Your Craigslist ad has arrived!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    View Post

I just don't want you to get beat up at your next GI Joe convention for using the word "Doll." That word is forbidden and shows you to be a Nina Neophyte.

Ah, so action figure : doll :: graphic novel : comic book. Gracias.
    CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey
      View Post

I've never seen an "action figure" that closes its eyes when you lay it on its back.

Neither have I. A good soldier sleeps with his eyes open.
      Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mattburnside
        View Post

Ah, so action figure : doll :: graphic novel : comic book. Gracias.

Complete Brain Lock.

Comment

Jimmy James has a Kung Fu grip.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD-jfH7ATgc
            Originally Posted by Notes_Norton

I'm sorry for the rant, but death threats, hate mail, and hundreds of pizzas not picked up really irks me.

Originally Posted by Mossy Moss

I liked you better as your previous alt. Now you're just a giant walking vagina filled with sand and yeast.

Comment

I know a person who is an expert on the history of dolls. She's also big into women's history and gender studies. I'm gonna ask her about the whole dolls/ACTOFIGURES thing next time we speak. I'm guessing they're gonna be considered as part of the broader category of dolls.

Not looking good for Jammy "Plays With Dolls" James.
              Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Navigator
                View Post

I know a person who is an expert on the history of dolls. She's also big into women's history and gender studies. I'm gonna ask her about the whole dolls/ACTOFIGURES thing next time we speak. I'm guessing they're gonna be considered as part of the broader category of dolls.

If figures that a guy who hates the military would cast dispersions upon GI Joe. He was a fighting man from head to toe. You, not so much.

Comment

View Post

IT'S NOT PLAYING. IT'S RITUALLY REENACTING IMPORTANT BATTLES IN THE STRUGGLE AGAINST COBRA.

GOD.

DAMN.

IT.
                  CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

You can always tell the forumites who have no respect for our fighting men who give the ultimate sacrifice, while they sit in their rec room contemplating mouth feel.

Comment

View Post

If figures that a guy who hates the military would cast dispersions upon GI Joe. He was a fighting man from head to toe. You, not so much.

Tangent.

I was talking about how I will check with someone I know who has studied this topic to determine whether action figures are, in fact, dolls.

Comment

I used to have some of the old school GI Joe's back in the day, fun to play with in the back yard, throw them around, dig fox holes for them, outfit them with different gear etc but once I got a little older it seemed a little silly, if a girl from your block who you had a crush on and saw you doing that it was game over for sure. This is the only doll I currently own and I don't play with it, I occasionally make it say "UHHHH"

Won it at a bowling tournament years ago, one of my prized possessions.

Comment

View Post

Tangent.

I was talking about how I will check with someone I know who has studied this topic to determine whether action figures are, in fact, dolls.

You don't trust me?

Comment

View Post

You don't trust me?

I'm pretty sure you're not an impartial expert on dolls.

Comment

View Post

I'm pretty sure you're not an impartial expert on dolls.

Dickish.

I never said I was, but I don't appreciate the dismissive wave. I'm not into dolls but I know about action figures. I know what GI Joe collectors call GI Joes because I use to be a collector and went to conventions. I actually met an expert on GI Joe history and have his autographed book. I know you're easily impressed by writers of books.

Comment

View Post

I know you're easily impressed by writers of books.

The Complete Encyclopedia "to" G.I. Joe.

"to."

Hm...no.

Comment

Working...
                                X